Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Patent Counsel
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2302180130
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel, to be located at the Janssen Research & Development campus in Spring House, PA. The position reports to an Assistant General Counsel - Patents.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Patent Counsel, you will:
• Primarily support the pharmaceutical sector of Johnson & Johnson, and more specifically, the Immunology and Janssen Biotherapeutics businesses of the Janssen operating companies.
• Be required to provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate analysis, rendering opinions, managing outside counsel, drafting and negotiating license and research collaboration agreements, due diligence support for business development and client counseling.
• Be required to regularly make presentations and interact with the business regarding patent and intellectual property related contractual matters.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a pharmaceutical related science is required; an advanced degree in a pharmaceutical related science field is preferred.
• A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of law firm and/or corporate law department experience is required.
• Substantive experience with research, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical therapeutics is required.
• Substantial experience drafting and prosecuting pharmaceutical-related patent applications is required.
• Experience in the rendering of patentability and non-infringement opinions is required.
• Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
• A demonstrated competency in the field of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development is required; preferably on small molecule technologies.
• Ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners is required.
• Capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management is required.
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time to domestic and international destinations is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)