Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Dev Ops Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 2300190118
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Senior Dev Ops Systems Engineer aligned to ASP, located in Irvine, CA.
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and ASP has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety.
ASP has a strong track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature steam sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
We need DevOps/Systems Engineering to help us meet our ambitious technological growth objectives. You will own and manage our cloud server infrastructure, helping us meet current and future customer demands for uptime, security, and performance. You will lead tech, tooling and processes to improve developer productivity via continuous integration and automated testing. You will lead security initiatives to measure and improve our security at all levels. The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will help prototype and commercialize AWS solutions.
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of the ASP connectivity platform, underlying infrastructure, and on-premise hardware solutions and cloud solutions.
- Support DevOps infrastructure management efforts by performing System Administration activities in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Setting up Linux and Windows-based environments.
- Virtualized Environment setup and management VMWare or AWS.
- DevOps Tools installation, configuration, and management (ex. Wiki, JIRA, Testing (Load, System Testing).
- Familiarity with concepts and ability to quickly research changes per direction.
- General Software installation and maintenance.
- Design and develop products, including software as a medical device.
- Use technical aptitude for the engineering and development of medical devices.
- Create and monitor technical aspects of the system and new product development projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, with a preferred field in Computer Science or related.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with cloud computing and DevOps is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with distributed/cluster computing is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with UNIX-like operating systems is required.
- Experience with data storage systems such as SQL is preferred.
- Proven experience with networking, including 802.11, is required.
- Passion for learning and mastering new technologies quickly is required.
- Strong sense of responsibility for the happiness of customers is required.
- Experience with Cloudera, Apache, LDAP is preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS Single Sign-On (SSO) preferred.
- Installation Windriver Embedded OS preferred.
- Proven experience with automated, elastic scaling of cloud services, automated deployment and remediation is preferred.
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 10% travel to help launch new products (beta) to the field and get customers' feedback.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)