Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Algorithm Design Engineer
Requisition ID: 2299190205
Ethicon Endo Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Algorithm Design Engineer in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Our team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will collaborate with internal and external customers, technical partners and consultants to define, develop and implement computational intelligence for medical devices delivering novel surgical solutions addressing real clinical needs in today’s surgical operating theaters.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and launch computational algorithms with laboratory implementation using hardware to demonstrate technical feasibility and mitigate risk.
- Translate high-level customer needs into technical options while analyzing trade-offs and business impact.
- Identify software solutions to mechanical problems.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing including setting up and running laboratory simulations.
- Design test procedures, oversee tests, analyze results, and provide written reports.
- Generate and present technical material necessary for the comprehension and understanding of partners at all levels of the organization, exhibiting perseverance in conveying new approaches.
- A minimum of a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science degree is required. A Doctorate Degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in computational algorithm development, signal analysis, or applied control theory (robust, adaptive, intelligent, self-tuning) is required.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages (C/C++, Python, Matlab, LabVIEW, Verilog, VHDL, etc.) and the ability learn new programming languages as needed is required.
- Proven experience with computational development of novel algorithms as well as experience with current state-of-the-art artificial intelligence techniques is highly preferred.
- Experience working with and deep understanding of electrical principles and control architecture in state space and frequency domains is highly preferred.
- Experience working with numerical methods, applied differential equations, stability, linear algebra, signal processing and signal digitization is highly preferred.
- Experience with optimization techniques such as Gradient Descent, Particle Swarm Optimization and Genetic/Evolutionary Algorithms is highly preferred.
- Experience with classification methods and algorithms such as Support Vector Machines, K-Means Clustering and Nearest Neighbor is highly preferred.
- Experience with mapping constructs such as Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic is highly preferred.
- Experience with bare metal programming and MPSoC constructs is highly preferred.
- Experience with mechanical design, mechanical analysis and control system experience such as system identification, system modeling and control theory is highly preferred.
- Experience with design control (develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation) is highly preferred.
- Experience with surgery, surgical procedures, and the design and application of surgical devices, as well as the quality system / regulatory environment is preferred.
- This position is based on Cincinnati, Ohio, and may involve up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)