Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR DESIGN TEST TECHNICIAN, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 2294180920
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior R&D Test Technician, Surgical Robotics, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Ethicon combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Our R&D team of engineers, designers and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. Our Design Engineer executes specific & general assignments/projects that provide innovative, functional, cost effective & validated product designs in a team based environment. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. Ground-floor position to help grow and build a new J&J business unit, enabling significant professional growth.
The Senior R&D Test Technician provides testing support to engineers engaged in all phases of new product development from concept selection through field support.
The Senior R&D Test Technicians assist in planning, setting up test equipment and fixturing, conducting studies and experiments and summarizing the resulting data in report form.
SENIOR R&D TEST TECHNICIAN KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Plan, execute or assist in tests and experiments to evaluate performance of devices.
- Relay test details to project team or requestor in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assure that equipment is maintained and calibrated.
- Organize testing schedule for a new component or material when multiple tests / samples are required.
- Create test reports and update lab book entries.
- Develop test methods as applicable and write protocols and reports.
- Assist engineer in test development, process validation and documentation.
- Support deployment and on-going maintenance of test equipment
- Support the installation, operation, and maintenance of surgical robots on the Cincinnati campus.
- Design and develop advanced electronic test hardware (analog and digital) for product test applications.
- Document schematics using electronic capture tools.
- Layout printed circuit boards for fabrication using software tools.
- Build and debug electronics and electromechanical breadboards and prototypes.
- Write software for Data Acquisition experiments.
- Working knowledge of mechanical testing systems
- Design and develop advanced mechanical test hardware product test applications.
- Working knowledge of electrical testing systems
Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Domestic and international travel, as required.
- A minimum of an Associate degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience, required.
- A minimum of 7+ years technical work experience, required.
- A minimum of 3+ years in a lab / testing environment, preferred.
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good knowledge of mechanisms, fixtures and engineering concepts, required.
- Mathematical and statistical aptitude, preferred.
- Understand engineering design issues and questions and relate these to project team in terms of test equipment capabilities, required.
- Ability to operate sophisticated lab equipment, required.
- Ability to follow existing test procedures, required.
- Ability to develop and document new test procedures as appropriate, required.
- Conceptualize designs as they relate to test fixture and test equipment capabilities, preferred.
- Capacity to learn new equipment skills and apply these to the test needs of the requestor, required.
- Critical thinking and ability to troubleshoot a broad range of engineering challenges, required.
- Competent technical report writing, data analysis and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently in performing assigned tasks.
- Able to organize and document tasks to achieve assignment objectives.
- Good team communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Basic PC skills, with a good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software and Windows OS.
- Effectively manipulate text and data files within Windows.
- Knowledge of analog / digital electronics, electrical engineering concepts, required.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electromechanical engineering concepts, required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)