Johnson & Johnson Careers
Digital Surgery Market Development Manager
Requisition ID: 2290180524
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Digital Surgery Market Development Manager to join our global market development team based in the USA. The preferred locations for this role are Mountain View, CA or Cincinnati, OH. Approximately 50% travel (both domestic and international) is required, including some evenings and weekends.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Ethicon, as part of the Medical Devices business segment, is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our priorities. Our relentless commitment to quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continue to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
The US Digital Surgery Market Development Manager will be responsible for executing the market development strategy and efforts for the Digital Surgery platform. This new role requires a forward-thinking approach to relevant customer segments and targets that are determined by the Global Strategic Marketing team, creating and maintaining lasting customer relationships, identifying unmet needs, and implementing partnership opportunities for new technology services and global market development strategic efforts. Ultimately, this will culminate in the creation of a roadmap for establishing customer readiness and ensuring successful implementation and realization of the true value of the Digital Surgery platform.
In addition to the development of the roadmap, you will be identifying technical challenges, devising solutions, ongoing project management, and consulting on continuing updates and refinements. The US Digital Surgery Market Development Manager will work independently yet closely with regional units to understand and communicate market conditions and customer requirements, establish partnerships to leverage data analytics, and vet new business models and market access strategies to create value for surgeons and hospitals. This role requires the ability to succeed in a highly ambiguous, frequently changing environment.
You will be a part of the Global Digital Surgery Market Development Team, positioning Ethicon as the world leader in Digital Surgery and preparing the market for the future launch of the Verb Surgical platform. This position requires ongoing collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including joint efforts with business partners such as those in Customer Engagement, Research & Development, Health Economics / Market Access, and Regional and Global Strategic Marketing. You will also collaborate with the Centers of Excellence (CoE) and Global Strategic Marketing team to position Digital Surgery as truly transformative in the minds of customers, ensure the platform is part of customers’ strategic roadmaps, and prepare the market for the Digital Surgery revolution.
- Act as the account coordinator for various project development and implementation activities, working side-by-side with internal partners and customers to further define elements of Digital Surgery to maximize the value of the approach and overall platform.
- Provide oversight, management, and execution of customer engagement opportunities with clinicians and hospital administrators to drive awareness, enable Digital Surgery integration, and define of market access business model requirements.
- Meet and collaborate with Regional Units (RU) and potential customers to understand, make recommendations on, and execute against needs related to the full surgical episode (i.e. before, during, and after surgery) and digitization and connectivity of relevant data.
- Map key stakeholders and need states and execute against account change management plans required to implement platform solution.
- Identify and develop foundation of clinical and non-clinical stakeholder users for our data analytics solutions via pilot program.
- Build competencies to uncover actionable clinical and economic unmet needs and facilitate best practice sharing across accounts and cross functional team, with integration into development workstream efforts.
- Connect customers with market development and strategic marketing to create advocacy and support to establish strong customer relationships.
- Increase overall awareness among all stakeholders of the Digital Surgery platform and its value proposition.
- Identity customer strategic projects, align objectives, and provide recommendations to facilitate faster penetration and higher utilization of the Verb Surgical Platform when it is fully approved and launched.
- Develop and update action plans, manage project process, and conduct follow-ups as needed to ensure hospital partners are on track with all tasks and market readiness efforts.
Do you strive to join a collaborative team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA or related Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of overall business experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing, sales and/or consulting experience is required.
- Previous industry experience with medical devices, healthcare software, electronic medical records, software-enabled medical devices or IT is preferred.
- Previous experience with consulting and project management is preferred.
- Ability to perform well in an ambiguous and fast-changing market is required
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written is required.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across functional boundaries, internally and externally, with experience in leading initiatives with clinical, technical, and business-oriented partners is required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills is required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency is required
- Strong analytical, presentation, negotiation, and organization skills are required
- Approximately 50% travel (both domestic and international) is required, including some evenings and weekends.
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills; experience in developing effective relationships across a diverse group of clinical and nonclinical stakeholders across all levels of hospital organizations is preferred
- Ability to shape the external environment through trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required
- Strong organizational leadership, with the ability to inspire and mobilize teams across different countries / cultures, in a matrix environment is required.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, and international teams is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Mountain View
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Ethicon Inc. (6045)