Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, PK/PD Biologics
Requisition ID: 2288180614
Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, PK/PD Biologics Development Sciences to be located in Spring House, PA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care across Therapeutic Areas. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist position in Biologics Development Sciences is a key scientific leadership role for the early development of biologic therapeutics across many different therapeutic areas (TA) including oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases, neurology and infectious diseases. As a scientific leader in the department, the Senior Scientist will interact with other functional areas including Biologics Toxicology, Biologics Research, Clinical, TA Biology and Bioanalytical to provide pharmacokinetic, toxicokinetic, and pharmacokinetic /pharmacodynamics focused strategies at various stage of early research and development of biologic therapeutics. The scope of this exciting position encompasses:
- Involvement and input from project entry through FIH study design
- Interact with biologic and discovery research teams to address key development questions, design experiments, analyze results and provide strategic direction to help identify those constructs that have the greatest chance of success for further development or to stop the development programs.
- Solid background and technical capability in pharmacokinetics, PK/PD modeling and simulation
- Conduct advanced pharmacokinetic analysis, apply PK/PD modeling concepts, and assess basic research on PK, target engagement, receptor occupancy, antidrug antibody and ADME for biologic drug candidates
- Accountable for determining the starting dose for FIH, write and/or review technical reports, interact with global regulatory agencies and be involved in drafting preclinical PK and related sections in an IND or CTA
- PhD in Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, or related degree is required
- A minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical research and development experience is preferred
- Good scientific background in biologics and pharmacology is required
- Must have experience with one of the following PK/PD software applications: Phoenix /WinNonlin, NONMEM, ADAPT, R, and/or other modeling and simulation software is required.
- Experience in research and development of biologic therapeutics and or small molecules is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)