Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Therapy Process Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2277190418
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Therapy Process Development, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking to hire a highly energetic and collaborative senior associate scientist, with proven expertise in both bioprocess development and cell biology / immunology to join our CAR-T gene therapy team.
• Design and execution of experiments with intent to improve characterization techniques of autologous cell therapy starting material (apheresis).
• Carry out process characterization experiments to identify ranges of critical process parameters pertaining to apheresis cryopreservation process.
• Identify and evaluate innovation opportunities to improve manufacturing outcomes such as; reduce costs, throughput, and quality.
• Accurately capture data in a timely manner, ensuring data integrity and protocol compliance.
• Utilize electronic notebook and meet all data compliance requirements.
• Participate in tech-transfers and training for remote apheresis cryopreservation facilities.
• Maintain all individual training requirements in a compliant state.
• A Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, biology, immunology or other relevant scientific field, with at least 3-4 years of experience within the biopharmaceutical/biotech industry OR Master’s degree in one of the above with at least 1-2 years of experience is required
• Experience with basic biological laboratory techniques such as flow cytometry, PCR, cell-based bioassays, and/or ELISA is required
• Technical understanding of CAR-T or other cell and gene therapy products is preferred
• Knowledge in cGMP manufacturing of biological process is preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 20% domestic or international travel. Some occasional weekend work may be required based on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)