Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Discovery Chemistry
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2263180918
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist in Discovery Chemistry, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The newly formed Discovery Chemistry group is committed to the delivery of high quality drug candidates working with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TAs). This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Senior Associate Scientist, Discovery Chemistry. This position will be based at our drug discovery site in Spring House, PA.
We are seeking an experienced BS- or MS-level medicinal chemist with excellent organic synthesis expertise to advance small molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will partner with both internal and external medicinal chemistry teams to generate innovative solutions to synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges within the context of small molecule drug discovery projects. She/he will maintain close interactions with computer assisted design scientists, biologists, pharmacologists, and pharmaceutical development scientists. Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate Scientist include:
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Developing and executing clear synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Designing and synthesizing drug-like molecules utilizing medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties.
- Collaboratively supporting the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates.
- Collaboration with structure based design groups to impact rational design of molecules.
- Generating novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making.
- Contributing to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Presenting data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- Drafting, executing and serving as co-author on research published in peer reviewed journals, and presenting work at scientific conferences.
- Bachelors or Masters in synthetic, organic, medicinal chemistry or related chemistry degree is required
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry industrial experience is required
- Strong track record of achievement in the synthesis of drug candidates, with a deep knowledge of modern synthetic & analytical techniques is required
- Proven track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications, patents and presentations is required
- Experience with advanced chemoinformatics tools is required
Experience with computational chemistry methods is preferred
- Independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)