Johnson & Johnson Careers
Academic Immunology Sales Specialist (Los Angeles, CA) – Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Requisition ID: 2259180917
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Academic Immunology Sales Specialist to support Los Angeles, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
- Achieve sales quota by delivering market share and market share growth, as well as other key metrics within the assigned geography by using discretion and judgment to execute the franchise and company brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include physicians within specialty medical practices and their staff, specialists within local hospitals, clinics, and pharmacists within the specified geographic area.
- Influence decision makers and influencers within their assigned customer base to support the use of the company’s products in the treatment of multiple relevant disease states by developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills. This individual will influence decision makers by developing and delivering a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, using approved medical reprints to support the case, and discussing therapeutic strategies.
- Execute marketing strategies at the local level, leveraging resources appropriately and working successfully with company team members and counterparts to share ideas and information to enhance business result and customer loyalty by identifying and cultivating relationships with key decision makers at the local level who can influence decision making within the healthcare provider systems.
- Gain access to promoted products and, subsequently, selling these products in targeted Rheumatology, Gastroenterology and Dermatology teaching institutions and/or hospitals and clinics by establishing mutually beneficial, long-term business relationships with influential residents, fellows, attending physicians, pharmacists, and healthcare providers within the targeted institutions and coordinating Academic sales strategies with appropriate teammates to maximize sales within the assigned institutions.
- Product access, acceptance and usage; creating implementing and evaluating strategies to develop Fellows, Residents, and Key Opinion Leaders within their assigned institutions; developing, implementing and evaluating effective business plans for each assigned institution; maintaining administrative functions such as call reporting, safe driving, expense accounting, and written and oral communications and representing the company at scientific conventions and while conducting educational programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of successful pharmaceutical, biologic / biotech or medical device sales experience with a minimum of one (1) year of specialty sales experience
- A valid driver's license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States
- Willing to travel up which may include weekend and/or overnight travel
- Working knowledge of reimbursement, payer, provider and infusion operations
- Working knowledge of immunology, dermatology, rheumatology, and/or gastroenterology.
- Prior experience managing through complex reimbursement issues
- Candidates with prior Management Development courses, experience in project-oriented selling situations in a high incentive and individual performance culture, along with a documented successful sales performance (high growth, results vs. plan)
United States-California-Los Angeles
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)