Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Retail Innovation Associate
Requisition ID: 2251180129
We are currently recruiting for a Retail Innovation Associate, based out of our Markham office.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, we market innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, and oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
Our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing Canadians with some of the world's most widely used and trusted brands including; JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN®, NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, we employ approximately 400 people and are supported by a manufacturing site and R&D facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
Are you curious and collaborative? Are you excited by the idea of kicking down walls and doing crazy new things? If so, this role is for you.
Society and technology are changing the way people shop. Consumers have more choices than ever before, including how and where they shop. The Johnson & Johnson Retail Innovation team’s mandate is to understand these changes, and develop/activate a model that helps us and our retailer partners innovate in this dynamic new world.
As the Retail Innovation Associate, you will work hand in hand with your manager, the Retail Innovation Lead, to build and activate our strategy for Retail Innovation.
Your core responsibilities in this role will be:
- Project management of key Innovation projects; critical path management, setting up meetings, taking care of follow up emails, notes etc.
- Support relationship management with external partners (IE: other companies), and own/lead all secondary level relationships externally
- Find creative solutions to tasks/projects that have never been done before through internal liaison or external search
- Own the delivery of 2 to 3 major projects or activations, working externally with partner companies, and internally with cross functional partners
- Own administration tasks and systems for Retail Innovation (IE: using our finance and vendor systems)
- Support management of an on-site innovation facility – working with 3rd parties for installs, & maintenance, working internally for digital content management and meeting requirements
- Act as resident ‘guru’ for retail innovation, and knowledge of startup community in Toronto
- Support Retail Innovation Lead with strategy work for retail customers
To be successful, you should have:
- successfully completed of a Bachelor’s degree
- a minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in startup, tech, digital, retail or CPG industry is a huge plus
- Emerging Technology understanding is an asset (IE: virtual reality, AR, IoT, AI, etc)
- Customer service / relationship building and rapport with external customers or partners
- High capability to deal with ambiguity in order to manage changing circumstances
- Solid understanding or enthusiasm for innovation, startup ecosystem and/or emerging technology
- Deep understanding of retail
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Prioritization and time management – ability to operate independently
- Emerging capability for critical thinking and strategic business models
- Initiative and problem solving, ability to look ahead and actively address roadblocks
- Solid communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both written (email, PowerPoint) and oral (small and large group presentations)
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)