Johnson & Johnson Careers
North American Source Quality Co-op (Jan 2020 8 months)
Requisition ID: 2243190815
Type: 8 Month Co-op
Targeted Start Date: January 13th 2020
About Johnson & Johnson:
Johnson & Johnson’s brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you’ll be able to find a J&J brand: Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, Johnson’s Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization focuses on innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices. We’re looking for a new team member to join us on our mission.
When you come to work, you will be part of a culture of diversity that seeks to support every employee in reaching their potential. At J&J we are looking to hire a North American Source Quality Co-op to join our team. This role will be based out of our Guelph, Ontario office.
Our Interns are supported with ongoing coaching, support, mentorship and both on the job and formal training. Your natural leadership skills will be an asset and continue to develop throughout your time here with us. You will get industry experience learning about the end-to-end supply chain, while using your keen eye and analytical skills to ensure we are meeting our Supply Chain goals and objectives.
As a Source Quality Co-op, you will be working closely with the Team to ensure that we are meeting expectations. You will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Source Quality department to facilitate batch release, quality projects and other compliance initiatives.
- Collect and review quality documentation against pre-determined specifications, including but not limited to batch records, certificates of analysis, and certificates of manufacture for product approval.
- Effectively prioritize batch release review activities and maintain ownership of and responsibility for a shared e-mail inbox
- Work with the internal quality team to support initiatives with internal and external suppliers and manufacturers on quality related issues.
- Support the collection, review and organization of master documentation data, both hard copy and electronically, to ensure compliance with internal procedures and external regulations
- Leads and provides support to continuous improvement initiatives
- Supports product qualification and validation activities as part of ongoing support to marketed products as well as new product launches
- Maintain oversight of all batches awaiting release and focus on prioritizing batch reviews such that urgent batches are handled as soon as possible, and non-urgent items are completed in a timely manner
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years complete of a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) program is required (A focused degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Biological Sciences is preferred)
- Maintains a high level of organization in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including professional communications, both orally and through e-mail, with internal and external partners
- Ability to work independently, including taking initiative to continuously improve personally and through optimizing processes used in the role
- Strong computer skills (eg. use of Word, Outlook and Excel), and the ability to learn new software systems
- Able to work effectively in a team environment through open communication and teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)