Associate Scientist II, Oncology In Vivo (1 of 3)
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist II, Oncology In Vivo (3 Positions), located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Scientist II will join the Oncology in vivo group efforts in the characterization and development of small molecules, biologics including those that function as immune modulators for the treatment of cancer. They may also characterize new cell therapies such as CAR-Ts. They will be responsible for contributing to the ex vivo and in vivo studies for multiple research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery. Their responsibilities include the design, execution and interpretation of in vivo studies for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the area of oncology and tumor immunology. Specifically, the candidate will establish and perform in vivo model development, target inhibition, efficacy, mechanism of action, and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) biomarker studies, and will evaluate the influence of dose, schedule and therapeutic combinations in various cancer models.
• Design, perform, interpret and report complex in vivo preclinical cancer models.
• Conduct methods of in in vivo experimentation, including tumor implantation, dosing, proper handling of chemotherapeutics, tumor measurement, health monitoring, and data collection and analyses
• May contribute to ex vivo analysis of tumor cells or immune cells by FACS, IHC or ELISA, RT-PCR, or Luminex®
• May perform bioluminescent imaging studies using molecular reporters or disseminated/ metastatic disease models
• Analyze and present data in a clear presentation-ready format
• Manage multiple in vivo experiments simultaneously
• May contribute on various projects outside of their own, or collaborate with partners from relevant functions
• Act as a resource on project teams with clear and professional verbal and written communication
• Some weekend, evening, and holiday dosing/ animal monitoring required
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in the life sciences (molecular/ cellular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, tumor immunology) with at least 2 years of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry/ lab/ academic experience OR a Master’s degree (M.S.) with at least 1 year of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry /lab/ academic experience is required.
• Ability for cell culture of cancer or immune cells is preferred
• Experience with oncology -relevant models including xenografts, syngeneic models, primary grafts, orthotopic models, transgenics or genetically engineered tumor models is required.
• Experience with small molecules and/ or biologics is required
• Experience with immune-modulatory agents, vaccines or cell therapies such as CAR-Ts is desirable
• Skills in tumor implantation techniques and dosing, proper handling of therapeutics, tumor measurement, health monitoring, and data collection and analysis are required.
• Good organizational skills including the ability to support more than one project simultaneously are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people and teams are required
• Intellectually curious and well informed on the latest scientific advances in the field is preferred
• Good data management record-keeping skills are required
• Good oral and written communication skills are required
• Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is required
• Proven track record of adherence to animal welfare and compliance regulations is critical
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)