The Medical Device Epidemiology and Real-World Data Sciences (MD EPI-RWDS) department at Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is located in New Brunswick, NJ office. The MD EPI-RWDS provides analytical capabilities using large administrative, patient-level databases; we answer a variety of questions related to safety, product development, health outcomes research, and other clinical or commercial activities. These may involve analysis of comparative effectiveness, disease burden, standard of care, cost/reimbursement patterns, market size, site of care, and clinical/health economic outcomes.
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity of Manager, MD EPI-RWDS. Potential locations include New Brunswick or Titusville, NJ. Remote work option could be considered for highly qualified candidate.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of J&J. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. As employees of the J&J Family of Companies, we work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We thrive on and grow with a diverse company culture, celebrate the uniqueness of our employees, are committed to inclusion, follow the ethics-based Credo of J&J, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- The Manager will perform the following for the Medical Devices sector:
- Lead and contribute to the design of observational database analysis, including authoring protocols and analysis plans in support of RWE needs for the Ethicon franchise.
- Synthesize evidence from observational database analyses with other evidence to inform medical decision-making, including authoring publications and presentations.
- Work closely with colleagues within our department and across the larger cross-sector Epidemiology function, health economics and market access (HEMA) function, and Ethicon medical device franchise.
- The position will report to the Director, MD EPI-RWDS.
- A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree or equivalent in biostatistics, health services & outcomes research, epidemiology or other healthcare-related field with at least 3 years of epidemiology or related research experience. Alternatively, a Master’s Degree in the above fields with at least 6 years of experience.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare databases, registries, statistical analysis, and other related analytical methodology is required
- A sophisticated understanding and the ability to analyze and interpret quantitative data.
- Experience with writing methods sections of study proposals and protocols.
- Experience authoring peer-reviewed publications and presenting in national/international healthcare conferences using results from real-world datasets.
- Experience in cross-functional partnering is required.
- Pharmaceutical or medical device industry experience is preferred.
- This position will require up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC (6209)