Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Procurement IT Infrastructure Category Lead
Requisition ID: 2227190813
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Procurement - IT Infrastructure Category Lead. The position will be based at a J&J location in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Procurement IT Infrastructure Category Lead will be responsible for leading an IT Procurement organization in support of approximately $300 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This portfolio of spend is of variable complexity in nature and requires comprehensive and consistent collaboration with key business partners within the Johnson & Johnson Technology Services organizations – as well as with additional stakeholders across Global Procurement and various operating company organizations – to effectively manage.
This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities, and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
The successful candidate will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business, and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects in the areas of IT Infrastructure.
The Senior Manager, Procurement IT Infrastructure Category Lead’s scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of J&J’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic IT suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value and bring innovation to the business.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement's goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics.
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs. 20%
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations. 25%
- Execute sourcing and negotiation events per category strategy and stage gate framework 25%
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles. 5%
- performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads. 5%
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership. 5%
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives. 5%
- Support and facilitate acquisition and divestiture teams as it relates to IT vendors and contracts 10%
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of related procurement experience.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills.
- Able to dynamically prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in developing new approaches and resolving existing issues.
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management).
- Ability to show strategic thinking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information.
- Ability to continuously improve the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 15% international and domestic.
- MBA, JD, Master’s Degree, Ph.D., etc.
- Preferred Area of Study: Business, Law, Life Sciences, Finance, Math or related field(s)
- 5 years of people management experience.
- Comprehensive expertise covering one or more of the following supplier domains: Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Conferencing and Collaboration technologies, Mobile device technologies, Personal Computers, Digitization, IT Consulting and Help Desk services
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., Supplier Management and Performance, Supply Market Analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.).
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., Businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence".
- Strong people management and development skills.
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions.
- Experience with supporting acquisitions and divestitures
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)