Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Software Test Engineer, Robotic Surgery
Requisition ID: 2225190418
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Lead Software Test Engineer with a preferred location of Boston, MA. Candidates may also be considered in Raynham, MA. Please note, we currently have an interim/satellite location in Mansfield, MA and candidates may also be eligible to work out of this location.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical robotics. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. The Lead Software Test Engineer will lead and manage test engineers on a cross-functional team to deliver production medical systems.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of test engineers and collaborate with other software development professionals in defining a software test strategy.
- Lead the development for writing and executing test cases ensuring that they meet provided requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in an Agile team of software test engineers focused on the Software Development Life Cycle of our applications, ensuring high engagement and high performance in application delivery.
- Deliver effective testing of applications during the Software Development Life Cycle including design, implementation, and execution.
- Ensure the consistent use of our Quality Management System tools and document Software Verification Protocols and test results.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in software development and/or testing is required.
- Experience leading software testing/development teams in a regulated environment is highly preferred.
- Experience creating and executing test plans, including verification of input requirements is required.
- Experience with QA (Quality Assurance) related aspects of the software development life cycle from development to deployment is required.
- Experience with continuous integration implementations is required.
- Familiarity with common programming languages such as C++, C#, and Python is required.
- Experience managing individual contributors as part of a large, global organization is preferred.
- Experience writing test cases using the BDD/Gherkin format is preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile software development team and familiarity with Agile development practices is strongly preferred.
- Experience using a repository for managing test cases is preferred.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with medical device software is strongly preferred.
- The preferred location for this position is Boston, MA. Candidates may also be considered in Raynham, MA. Please note, we also currently have an interim/satellite location in Mansfield, MA and candidates may also be eligible to work out of this location. This position will also require up to 15% travel, including international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Massachusetts, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)