Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Strategic Business Improvement
Requisition ID: 2223180917
Janssen Global Services, LLC is recruiting for a Director, Strategic Business Improvement to be based in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen’s Strategic Business Improvement team are leaders in Strategy Management – disciplined approaches for formulating and executing business strategies. SBI drives value creation by shaping product & portfolio strategies to fuel competitiveness & growth, and by ensuring excellence in execution of those strategies.
This position will provide strategic consulting and thought partnership to senior leaders in Janssen’s US Sales & Marketing or Global R&D organizations to identify, lead, and manage strategic projects focused on:
- Setting/clarifying strategic direction
- Strategy formulation
- Strategy execution
- Building/improving organizational capabilities
- Driving operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Strengthening organizational performance
The position will be deployed to support one or more business units (TA-focused organizations or shared centers of excellence) and could also be assigned to Janssen or J&J enterprise-level strategic initiatives.
Success for this position will be assessed by value created/enabled in the following areas:
- Cost savings/avoidance
- Reduction of compliance risk
- On-time and on-budget delivery of project milestones/commitments
- Tangible gains in effectiveness or efficiency (e.g., cycle time, defects/errors, rework)
Shape Business Unit Direction and Strategies
- Facilitate development of vision, mission, values, and strategies
- Participate in strategic/business planning processes
- Manage annual process to align goals and objectives to vision, mission, strategies
- Align leadership and key stakeholders (including operational and support units)
Execute Strategies and Decisions
- Translate strategies into operational plans with aligned objectives, measures, and initiatives across critical dimensions of the business
- Organize/align resources across functions and coordinate activities
- Manage Portfolio of Strategic Initiatives
- Maintain the portfolio, including regular review with senior leaders
- Facilitate prioritization to ensure limited resources are deployed to the highest-value work
- Lead/Manage Top Strategic Initiatives in the Portfolio
- Manage large-scale programs/projects to successful completion
- Define/improve processes
- Manage sustainable change
- Mobilize and manage cross-functional project teams
- Analyze and mitigate risk
- Coach/mentor project leaders and team members in the use of best practice frameworks/approaches/tools
- Monitor performance
- Establish metrics and targets to track performance vs vision, mission, strategies
- Establish processes to
- Collect metrics data
- Review performance regularly with leaders and key stakeholders
- Identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities
- Develop and prioritize action plans (integrated with portfolio of strategic initiatives) to improve performance
Serve as “Chief of Staff” to Business Unit Leader
- Assist BU Leader with management of the Leadership Team to ensure activities are aligned to the strategic direction and commitments of the business, and individual accountabilities are met
- Oversee external project management resources as needed to supplement SBI capacity
- Lead and develop internal resources (permanent direct report or temporary developmental roles) that may be assigned
- BA/BS degree required - Preferably in life sciences, marketing, finance or business management.
- Minimum 10 years of overall business experience required.
- Pharmaceutical commercial experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of market access and the evolving healthcare system including key stakeholders (e.g., payers, providers, PBMs etc.) required.
- Broad business consulting and / or diversified leadership roles in commercial required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict, influence teams, and to build relationships in meeting organizational objectives, without formal authority required.
- Skilled in six sigma improvement methodologies, performance measurement, and change management highly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Project management tools and techniques required.
- PMP and /or Six Sigma certifications preferred.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)