Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Process Engineer (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 2207180917
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Process Engineer located in its manufacturing site at its global headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida.
Lead position in a variety of process engineering functions with a focus on process improvement in a manufacturing environment. Primary function is to support manufacturing by implementing manufacturing processes aimed at improving product quality, line efficiency/process optimization, and manufacturing costs by evaluating new materials, processes and equipment.
Works at an advanced technical expertise level involving process development fundamentals that supports corrections/improvements/risk management. Facilitates and conducts concurrent engineering assignments involving projects of major magnitude and scope which may include sub-contractors or outside vendors. Takes a leading position in activities involved with outside engineering vendors from beginning of process design process through feasibility and start-up processes. Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology/processes and is capable of utilizing a variety of statistical tools to validate process improvements. Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
• Manages large scope process improvement projects aimed at improving product quality and efficiency
• Participates in process troubleshooting for equipment, systems, and processes to support manufacturing
• Prepares technical reports, process specifications and training programs for manufacturing sustainability
• Develops and performs process validation for new equipment/processes
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management
• May have lead responsibilities for one or more employees
• Responsible for work flow production, training of new employees on covered jobs, answering job-related questions in one or more areas
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or a related field required. Advanced Degree in Engineering or MBA, preferred.
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum 6 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required, with a focus of process improvement and project management preferred
• Experience working in FDA environment preferred
• Thorough knowledge and complete understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of manufacturing engineering required
• Knowledge of government regulatory requirements preferred
• Statistical design and analysis of experiments utilizing Minitab software preferred
• Ability to work in fast-paced, highly automated environment required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Excellent organizational skills required
• Up to 20% domestic / international travel required
• Flexibility to occasionally work off / staggered shift for validations activities required
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)