Johnson & Johnson Careers
DEVICE ENGINEERING COOP
Requisition ID: 2198190109
Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Device Engineering Co-op. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Primary Container & Devices (PC&D) group within the Discovery, Product Development & Supply (DPDS) division of Janssen R&D. The PC&D group supports Janssen R&D by developing optimal drug delivery devices approved for use in patients for both clinical studies and commercialization. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical device engineering experience including prototyping and laboratory testing.
The Device Engineering Co-op will:
- Work collaboratively with PC&D staff supporting ongoing device development projects.
- Assist with activities associated with device design, prototyping (including 3D printing) and mechanical testing.
- Participate in ongoing project team meetings and assist with technical document writing.
- Be exposed to other functions within the larger DPDS group.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering with a specialty in Instrumentation or Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Students who have completed three years of college coursework year will be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Additional competency in SolidWorks (or another solid modeling CAD program) and Minitab (or another statistical analysis program) are strongly preferred.
- Candidates with LabView experience are highly desirable.
- Candidates with hands on research laboratory and testing experience are strongly preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.2 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)