Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Deal Desk Quoting Analysts
Requisition ID: 2195180917
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC’s) Strategic Customer Group is recruiting for a Director, Deal Desk Quoting Analysts. The position can be based in Raynham, MA, West Chester, PA, Somerville, NJ, Warsaw, IN or Cincinnati, OH. Domestic travel up to 15% is required.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Contract Strategy is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMDC Strategic Customer Group (SCG). Contract Strategy includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contract Strategy group works in close collaboration with the field to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer possible and in close collaboration with Contract Management, the group responsible for executing, uploading and ensuring compliance with the contract.
The Director, Quoting Analysts is responsible for the direct management of four Managers of Quoting Analysts who supervise a pool of 45 Analysts within the Deal Desk. The responsibilities include coordinating the overall workflow / workload balancing across the Quoting Analysts, identifying areas of disconnect / backup and devising solutions, ensuring best practice sharing / skill development across the Quoting Analysts, ensuring adherence to the approved strategies / objectives of Contract Strategy and the Deal Desk. In addition, you are responsible for developing / refining training materials and standard operating procedures as necessary, leveraging best practices across the respective teams, identifying opportunities to continuously improve efficiency and ensuring successful implementation of ongoing technology solutions. Accountable for all Deal Desk controls, ensuring that processes and training are in place such that deal approvals are documented and correct to support audits. Create a formal talent succession process within the DDQA team.
The Quoting Analyst Director is also responsible for soliciting feedback from and providing feedback to the Deal Managers, Transitional Deal Desk Director and Senior Director of the Deal Desk to ensure a high level of service, high quality end products and effective processes in offer development. The Quoting Analyst Director role will work directly with the Managers of Quoting Analysts, Quoting Analysts, Deal Directors / Managers in the offer preparation and assessment process. The Director will also work with the Deal Desk Manager team to ensure that the Quoting Analyst alignment and awareness of all contract strategy changes and initiatives.
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to Quoting Analyst management team
- Ensure appropriate work assignment and workload balancing across the Quoting Analysts which have responsibilities for Ethicon, Trauma, Joint Recon, Spine, Mitek, CMF, Power Tools and Capital
- Identify areas of disconnect / process failure and work with Deal Desk Manager team to resolve
- Ensure best practice sharing and skill development across the Quoting Analyst pool
- Lead work to better align metrics (KPI) across the businesses and contracting workstream
- Ensure proper handoffs (data, coordination, role clarity) in the handoff process to Contract Execution
- Develop and refine training materials and operating processes
- Strong leadership and management skills are required to manage analyst pool located across five JJMDC campuses
- Identify high performers and create opportunity to lead / expand
- Identify struggling or low performers and coach / address
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts, confusion or misalignment with the team
- Solicit from and provide regular feedback to the Deal Directors / Managers and the Senior Director of the Deal Desk to ensure continuous improvement
- Accountable for deal desk on approvals with Audit Compliance
- Consistency and standardization across businesses for NPI introduction, systems implementation
- Contracting harmonization across businesses – such as capital contracting
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A concentration in Business, Finance, Economics or Marketing is preferred. An MBA and/or an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of total Business experience in Contracting, Sales, Finance or related business experience is required.
- Medical device experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to self-manage in a complex / time sensitive environment are required.
- Experience in a highly remote matrixed environment is preferred
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is required.
- Price benchmarking experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct management experience is required.
- Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Account Management, Franchises, Deal Managers and Contract Strategy is required.
- Drive to understand the products and offerings, strategies and business objectives
- Ability to influence and align complex groups of stakeholders towards overall business objectives while understanding and respecting individual business objectives
- Strong level of ownership and drive for meeting / exceeding expectations
- Ability to drive adherence to protocols and business rules while still respecting individual needs
- Experience with sales teams, leadership mindsets and customer needs is preferred
- Comfort working remotely with multiple lines of business
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead remote teams of analysts is required
- Experience with quoting systems and support tools is preferred
- Prior experience with offer development and/or contracting is required
- Experience with implementing controls and compliance in accordance with audit requirements is strongly preferred
- Domestic travel is required approx. 15% of the time.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)