Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Supplier Risk Management
Requisition ID: 2185190418
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Supplier Risk Management located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Procurement Citizenship Center of Excellence ("COE") is responsible for ensuring Corporate Social Responsibility through our supply base, inclusive of Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier Risk. The COE's primary responsibility is to manage risk and enhance J&J's reputation by acting as the subject matter experts ("SME's") and setting strategies to manage these core areas on behalf of the J&J Enterprise. "Risk, Reputation and Citizenship" is a critical value pillar identified within the Global Procurement Strategic Framework and reinforces the significant and broader impact of Global Procurement, beyond bottom-line savings delivery. The COE is undergoing a transformational reorganization which will create two distinct parts of the organization: one focused on a team of subject matter experts (the Citizenship Solutions team) and one team focused on critical enablement activities in support of the SME's (the Citizenship Enablement team).
The Senior Manager, Supplier Risk Solutions will be responsible for developing and executing solutions for the J&J enterprise to minimize risk and enhance J&J reputation through our vast network of suppliers. S/he will be relied upon as a leader in our Global Procurement supplier risk management strategy and approach, focused on leading the development and implementation of risk solutions. Supplier Risk is an area of ever-increasing complexity and visibility in today's political and global environment and therefor requires time spent partnering with and learning from external stakeholders.
The individual will have several strategic responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Lead supplier risk assessment for a prioritized list of suppliers supporting Type 1 & Type 2 products each year;
- Own the development and deployment of the Procurement Functional Business Continuity Plan;
- Partner with Category Leaders in acting as primary point of contact during risk related incidents affecting our suppliers, as needed/required;
- Support the design of a multi-generational Procurement Supplier Risk Strategy that categorizes supplier risk, prioritizes it then identifies how we will use data, process and technology to manage it;
- Conduct benchmark and best practices sharing with industry peers and thought leadership organizations;
- Co-lead the building of Supplier Risk assessment requirements into the Acquisitions and Divestitures process; and
- Attend external conferences for continual education, networking and industry presence to inform future strategy development.
In order to be successful, this individual must partner closely with their peers across the Citizenship COE: Senior Manager, Supplier Sustainability Program, Senior Manager, Human Rights & Sustainability Compliance, Senior Manager, Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, Senior Manager, Supplier Risk Solutions and Manager, BEL & Category Engagement. Equally important to success will be this individual's ability to build strong engagement & alignment with key senior business leaders across Procurement, EHS&S, Supply Chain, Global Community Impact, Compliance & Risk, Audit, Legal, Government Affairs, HR, and Finance because delivery of the programs will be done through others, outside the Citizenship COE.
% of time - Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities
- 10% Lead day-to-day team work, develop targets and business planning, driving results against targets, manage exceptions and communicate to influence, deliver and advance business results
- 10% Develop and share deep understanding and anticipate future developments in the area of Supplier Risk; Benchmark with peers and industry groups to maintain knowledge & continually build expertise to ensure continued robustness, as well as advancement and evolution of strategy.
- 60% Lead and execute programs to advance Citizenship goals in Supplier Diversity & Inclusion.
- 10% Build key external relationships with third-party providers
- 10% Support internal relationships & outreach across the enterprise with specialist knowledge and input
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 8 years business operations experience in either Procurement, Supply Chain, GCI, Government Affairs, Sustainability, Diversity, CSR or Risk Management
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices, and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management, Category Management and Supplier Management) is required.
- This individual must have strong business acumen and be customer oriented (building and maintaining trusted relationships with J&J leaders & colleagues) as well as have the ability to collaborate with and lead, diverse, cross-functional and regional teams, with or without direct authority.
- Exceptional Credo leadership and has passion about social and environmental improvements;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Up to 20% Domestic, limited international travel.
- Multi-country and sector experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses is preferred.
- Six Sigma / Lean training and process excellence a great asset.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)