Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Customer & Market Insights
Requisition ID: 2185180523
Ethicon US LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Customer & Market Insights to be located in Somerville, NJ.
Ethicon US LLC., a Johnson & Johnson company, commercializes a broad range of innovative surgical products, solutions and technologies used to treat some of today’s most prevalent medical issues, such as: colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. Learn more at http://www.ethicon.com , or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The ETHICON business represents over $6B in sales for Johnson & Johnson. The company manages and sells products such as Vicryl® Sutures, the largest suture brand in the world, Powered Echelon Flex® endocutter and Ethicon Secure Strap® hernia fixation devices. The ETHICON business is a truly global enterprise with a strong developed market business and leadership in high growth emerging markets. There is tremendous opportunity to help the company leverage its unparalleled portfolio and pipeline to improve patient outcomes and healthcare efficiencies and drive growth for ETHICON and Johnson & Johnson.
The Associate Director, Customer & Market Insights is responsible for market analytics and managing primary and secondary market research for Global Market Insights within the Global Business Insights Center of Excellence team (GBI), in support of the Ethicon Platform. Position will serve as a representative on the Business Unit Insight team, serving as a key partner for Global Strategic Marketing Teams. Role will work with the Business Unit teams to manage market share, sizing and procedural analysis across Surgical Care platforms and across the world. Role will require a high degree of business acumen and understanding, and must be able to proactively recommend tools and techniques to support secondary market sources, and marketplace understanding needs across the business. Position will have responsibility for managing, prioritizing and executing strategic and tactical marketplace insight projects and activities.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage, create and influence high-impact tactical and marketplace understanding, learning plans, as well as execution of this work.
- Critical member of the Strategic Plan Core team collaborating with regional/market leaders globally to develop long term plans grounded in market dynamics and customer insights.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and coach direct report(s)
- Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business discussions.
- Support Business Unit Insight Team in:
- Development of New Product opportunities - assessment and forecasting
- Support Business Unit Leaders with secondary insights and marketplace assessment solutions
- Flawless execution of all secondary insight activities is required to drive success of the business
- Proactively provide fact based insights and analytics programs to address strategic and tactical business needs
- Develop and implement new innovative business analytics tools, techniques and processes
- Support education and dissemination of existing knowledge estate and market information for key Business Unit partners.
- Support Director of Business Unit Global Business Insights in data integration to form the Business Unit Knowledge Estate.
- Partner with the Advanced Analytics team to create and maintain best in class analytical and marketplace assessment practices.
- Conduct and provide direction for primary market research in support of business objectives.
- BS/BA in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required
- MBA or MS or other advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in secondary market research, forecasting, strategic insights, market research, business analytics, finance or a related field is required
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred
- Proven track record of performance that demonstrates both strong personal and team leadership is required
- Proven track record of working in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration is required
- A minimum of one (1) year of direct people management experience is required
- Excellent proven personal and team leadership, collaboration, communication and analytical skills are required
- Ability to support cross-functional teams is required
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making is required
- Expert knowledge of and experience with secondary market research tools (eg DRG, HPIS, Provider databases) and techniques is required
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with forecasting is required
- Knowledge of primary marketing research and competitive intelligence data is preferred
- Demonstrated success in creative problem solving and team partnership is required
- Due to the nature of information reviewed in the role, candidate must be able to demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills are required
- Strong project management skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint is required. Proficiency with analytical tools (eg SPSS, SAS, Tableau) is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)