Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Marketing Manager – GFO Self Care, Cough & Cold Multi-Symptom
Requisition ID: 2183180523
Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recruiting for a Global Marketing Manager – GFO Self Care, Cough & Cold Multi-Symptom to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Cough & Cold Care is the
second biggest need state in the J&J Self Care (OTC) business - a $20B
category globally, with J&J in the top 5 global manufacturers. The
Multi-Symptom need state is the biggest segment of Cough & Cold, worth
$7.2B. Johnson & Johnson is a strong player in this segment with well-known
and powerful brands like Tylenol Cold in markets like the US, Canada and China,
and many Multi-Symptom local jewel brands, holding #1 or #2 position in markets
like Australia, Spain and Russia.
Cough & Cold Multi-Symptom has strong growth expectations, targeting to reclaim global leadership from current #3 position. The GFO team is responsible to develop the global Equity and Communication Strategy and Innovation Pipeline for our global business to deliver against this growth agenda.
Marketing within a self-care (OTC) environment carries identical marketing opportunities and challenges as found in a more traditional “FMCG” environment. Skills in insight generation, communication development, integrated marketing communication programs, and driving new products agenda are essential. However, there are specific skills unique to self-care: the ability to merge strong strategic thinking with developing a good understanding of the Regulatory environments which offer diverse opportunities and constraints in terms of products, claims and visuals. The competition often differs by market so it is important to understand the local environments to drive a strong “glo-cal” strategy and Innovation agenda.
The Global Marketing Manager Cough & Cold Multi-Symptom plays a key role to shape and deliver the global Multi-Symptom growth agenda across Equity Strategy, Communication and Innovation.
The Global Marketing Manager will work closely with the Regional Franchise counterparts in North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific and LATAM and local marketers of all levels (from Marketing Director to Assistant Manager) to help define the global strategy based on good local understanding, as well as interact with Senior Management to align the strategy. The Global Marketing Manager also leads cross functional teams, responsible for delivering the Innovation pipeline (R&D, Regulatory, Medical, Project Management, Finance, Business development, Design). Hence, strong collaboration and leadership skills, analytic thinking and the ability to zoom out from operational to strategic thinking are crucial success factors.
Specifically, the Global Marketing Manager Cough & Cold Multi-Symptom will:
- Lead a number of global Multi-Symptom Product Innovation projects, as head of the corresponding cross-functional teams. Lead the development of positioning, claims, pack design/graphics and activation (distribution, pricing and promotion) strategies. Partner with regional colleagues to maximize speed-to-market, size of price and successful local activation strategies. Progress projects through internal governance process, involving Senior Global Management approval.
- Lead the development of next generation of Commercial Innovation (e.g. Up-Claims) on our existing Multi-Symptom business, including development of the validation plan, in partnership with GSI&A. Work with regional partners to identify Communication asset needs for both Consumers and Health Care Professionals and work with lead markets and agency partners to develop the required assets.
- Support Director to develop, refine and validate Innovation opportunities beyond the current core business. Support, in collaboration with GSI&A, the development of ideas and concepts for validation with consumers. Support partnership with lead markets to pilot shorter-term activation ideas.
- Support Director to identify global Communication needs, in collaboration with regions, and provide strategic guidance and leadership to the designated lead region/market to develop Integrated Marketing Campaigns and Communication assets.
- Maintain close partnership with Multi-Symptom Regional and local partners, providing strategic support, developing transferable success models, sharing knowledge, and best practices globally.
- A BA degree is required. Master in business or marketing specialization preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of Marketing experience in progressing leadership roles and proven track record in CPG or OTC/HealthCare environment required
- Experience in OTC or other highly regulated environment is preferred
- Experience in Regional or Global Marketing roles is preferred
- Previous experience in managing a product launch from positioning to in-market execution and proven success in strategically positioning and launching new products/claims required
- Experience in providing marketing thought leadership - taking consumer insights and using them to drive thinking and good decisions, is required
- Demonstrated analytic skills and financial acumen in making effective business decisions is required
- Effective interdependent partnering, collaboration, influencing, negotiation, communication and management/coaching skills are required to lead cross functional teams effectively and motivate team members towards flawless execution is required
- Ability to work in an environment with high degree of autonomy and strong problem-solving skills is required
- Experience of marketing in a digital world (i.e. social media, analytics, online) is required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)