Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Facilities Engineering Maintenance and HVAC Technician
Requisition ID: 2178180129
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Facilities Engineering Maintenance and HVAC Technician located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
General Summary Plans, conducts and directs engineering projects or studies including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a specialized field. Applies comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas.
The Facilities Engineering Maintenance and HVAC Technician is responsible for providing direct to the Engineering & Property Management technical team and process support. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining current knowledge and adhering to provisions of FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate documentation for alignment to GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations
- Monitoring equipment and process status for equipment /building upgrades of new installations for HVAC project or other Engineering & Property management projects as needed.
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance to credo.
- Creating, reviewing, and updating electro/mechanical drawings, operating manuals and procedures, maintenance and calibration procedures, and training manuals as required by the scope of projects that are assigned
- Investigating alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Work and communicate with others in a team environment; collaborate with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems.
- Directs and performs mechanical and preventive maintenance and major repairs on all facilities equipment.
- Solves problems complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Coordinates inspections and tests of machinery and equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Leads the dismantling of defective machines and equipment and the installation of new or repaired parts.
- Ensures proper utilization of computerized maintenance management system for work orders and preventive maintenance entries and closures.
- Coordinates and insures maintenance logs, part requisitions, preventive maintenance inspection records and other required maintenance documentation
- Perform process requirements in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Cross-train and support other areas as training requirements permit to cover absences and other needs.
- Utilizing Process Excellence tools
- Demonstrating behaviors consistent with J&J Standards of Leadership and that make a positive impact on team/shift
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks required
- Willing to work extra hours and off shifts when required by business needs.
- Provide written reports and basic project documentation.
- Demonstrate history of accomplishments and successful project completion
- Identify and implement ideas and solutions to support initiatives for process improvements.
- Understand and execute lean initiatives, TPM and preventive maintenance techniques (i.e. 5S, Maximo and trouble shoot processes and machining related problems of average complexity.
- Ability to understand construction, mechanical and electrical drawings. Emphasis on HVAC/Clean Room preferred.
- Support new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Drives all safety, environmental, and energy management systems.
- Leads and handles the work of other mechanics. Lays out, and installs pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
- Calculates and estimates of design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related expenses. Researches criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment required to meet rare operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Mechanical or Electrical is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year related experience required in hands-on field operations and detail understanding on HVAC/Cleanroom systems.
- In-depth knowledge of CAD or other drawings software is required.
- Strong written, verbal communication and computer skills is required.
- Advance math skills are required.
- Knowledge necessary to perform intermediate calculations related to process parameters such as for metal cutting technologies (speeds, feeds, rpm, etc.) is required.
- Understanding of MAXIMO/TPM programs preferred.
- Experienced in Medical device and operations preferred.
- Previous experience in medical equipment validations, commissioning and understanding of quality systems requirements preferred
- Process and procedural knowledge required to support engineering initiatives including validations, commissioning and process tests within an assigned area is preferred.
- Must be able to work in conditions that may be hot, cold, heights, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
- Will be required to work on feet up to 85% of the time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate history of positive interpersonal skills showing courtesy, tact, and understanding in interactions with coworkers, even under stressful circumstances.
- Must be willing to support all production shifts.
- This position requires < 10% of travel.
- The position is based in Monument, CO.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)