Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Expression Sciences/Biologics Discovery
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2169190418
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Expression Sciences located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
As the therapeutic biologics organization within Janssen Research & Development, we are leaders in developing biologic solutions for the treatment of challenging and complex diseases, and we aspire to translate scientific discoveries into transformational medicines that will make significant contributions to human health. Through our entrepreneurial culture of innovation, we take unique approaches to exploring and developing new therapeutic platforms to treat unmet medical needs. Please visit www.janssen.com/biotherapeutics for more information.
We are seeking an independent and creative Principal Scientist of Biologics Discovery Expression Sciences to join our team. This role will collaborate with the functional groups within Biologics Discovery including, antibody generation, lead engineering, and new capabilities/technologies, to characterize and optimize lead molecule expression and deliver high quality lead proteins to the discovery teams.
This candidate will provide leadership and scientific expertise to support the biologics discovery workflow and pipeline. The successful candidate will provide expertise in protein expression and purification.
The responsibilities of the Principal Scientist include:
Lead a team of protein production scientists to matrix across discovery to progress our biologics portfolio
Utilize HTP protein production to support a broad portfolio of projects for multi-specifics protein therapeutics, CAR-Ts & viral therapeutics to drive optimal expression characteristics.
Analyze and characterize expression profiles for lead selection
- Accountable for defining functional and project strategies/plans for JBIO portfolio and platforms
- Present data and recommendations to upper management, internal and external to JBIO
- Initiate and maintain external collaborations to advance specific projects
Lead Janssen BioTherapeutic portfolio projects from portfolio entry to IND-ready in partnership with the therapeutic area leader
- Supervise/manage Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree focused on cell biology, protein chemistry, molecular biology, protein engineering or similar field with at least 10 years of experience in R&D (academic and/or industrial)
- Demonstrated ability to lead both with and without authority across functions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver on a large portfolio of projects
- Strong record of publications is preferred
- Practical experience in protein production/analytics
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)