Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Patent Counsel, Oncology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2161180914
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel, to be located at the Janssen Research & Development campus in Spring House, PA. The position reports to an Assistant General Counsel - Patents.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
As a Senior Patent Counsel, you will:
• Support the pharmaceutical sector of Johnson & Johnson, primarily the oncology business of the Janssen operating companies.
• Provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate analysis, rendering opinions, managing outside counsel, drafting and negotiating license and research collaboration agreements, due diligence support for business development and client counseling.
• Regularly make presentations and interact with the business with regard to patent and intellectual property related contractual matters.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a pharmaceutical or biotechnological related science is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of law firm or corporate law department experience is required.
• A demonstrated competency in the field of biotechnology and a working knowledge of pharmaceutical chemistry is required.
• Substantive experience with research, development, and commercialization of biologics, such as monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic proteins, and ability to support small molecule products and small molecule prosecution is preferred to enable candidates to support both small and large molecule programs.
• Substantial experience drafting and prosecuting biotechnology-related and/or small molecule patent applications is required. Will consider other technical backgrounds where candidate has demonstrated competencies in the pharmaceutical or biologic arts.
• Experience in the rendering of patentability and non-infringement opinions is required.
• Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
• Ability to handle complex patent matters with significant impact to the business and to effectively communicate advice to senior members of management is required.
• The ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners is required.
• Capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management is required.
• Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)