Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Program Management Lung Cancer Initiative
Requisition ID: 2146180524
Johnson & Johnson’s Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI) is a cross-sector program within Johnson & Johnson Global External Innovation (GEI) that will transform the standard of care for lung cancer – a critical need for patients around the globe today. The vision for the LCI is to develop solutions that prevent, intercept and cure lung cancer, enabling a future vision where there is a world without this devastating disease. By focusing on where the best science and innovation is being developed anywhere in the world, the LCI will eliminate lung cancer one patient at a time by developing holistic, solutions through consumer products, diagnostic, medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
- Support the LCI Global Head in the determination of LCI focus areas and identification of metrics for success, revisiting regularly and evaluating progress.
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for the planning, execution, and closure of projects and tasks within the LCI program, including overall program status, resource load, and financial health.
- Perform overall program risk assessments, develop contingency plans, and recommend mitigations, as needed.
- Continually research, benchmark, analyze data, and make recommendations. Update dashboard(s) for the review of key performance indicators and provide regular management status updates.
- Assist with the development of communication materials, reports, pitch decks, or presentations.
- Support the administration of the budget; forecast additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; direct the monitoring of and approval of expenditures; recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Create and maintain productive internal and external relationships to enable LCI program success. Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions. Monitor information flow and evaluate inquiries directed to the LCI Global Head, determining the proper course of action and ensuring optimized use if the LCI Global Head’s time and attention.
- Manage key LCI meetings, ensuring materials containing information needed to be as productive as possible are sent in advance, meeting time is well spent, objectives are achieved, and follow-up actions are monitored to completion.
- At least 10 years’ experience required; Significant and successful program management experience preferred.
- Background in new product development, R&D business operations or project management preferred.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong strategic partnerships, both internal and external, is required
- Excellent communication, networking, and influencing skills including the ability to manage internally and externally across all management and organizational levels, regional, globally and cross-sector.
- leadership of the project portfolio portions of the Strategic Planning Process, Business Planning Process, Portfolio Governance Process, and Portfolio Management Process preferred.
- Well networked in the biotech community preferred.
- Experience with multiple solution types (Rx, Device, Diagnostic, Digital, Nutritional, etc.) preferred
- Track record of flawless execution in information management using relevant software systems
- Able to think and act strategically, anticipate road-blocks and map out next steps
- Ability to facilitate groups toward achieving alignment and stated deliverables.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)