Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Citizenship External Insights & Analytics
Requisition ID: 2120190417
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Citizenship External Insights & Analytics located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Procurement Citizenship Center of Excellence ("COE") is responsible for ensuring Corporate Social Responsibility through our supply base, inclusive of Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier Risk. The COE's primary responsibility is to manage risk and enhance J&J's reputation by acting as the subject matter experts ("SME's") and setting strategies to manage these core areas on behalf of the J&J Enterprise. "Risk, Reputation and Citizenship" is a critical value pillar identified within the Global Procurement Strategic Framework and reinforces the significant and broader impact of Global Procurement, beyond bottom-line savings delivery. The COE is undergoing a transformational reorganization which will create two distinct parts of the organization: one focused on a team of subject matter experts (the Citizenship Solutions team) and one team focused on critical enablement activities in support of the SME's (the Citizenship Enablement team).
The Citizenship COE is accountable to deliver against many internal and external targets and commitments, on behalf of J&J, in each of the focus areas of Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, Supplier Sustainability and Supplier Risk. In order to do so, we must ensure accurate tracking but, more importantly, we must utilize data available to us to translate into actionable insights that will information our strategy setting going forward. As such, accurately tracking progress, creating insights and staying connected to external trends is of utmost important to the COE's success.
The Senior Manager, Citizenship External Insights & Analytics will be responsible for bringing the external view into consideration for all subject areas, ensuring accuracy and consistency in reporting against targets and commitments, and analyzing data to bring forward actionable insights. It will be imperative for this individual to ensure relevant external information is flowing into the COE and that we are utilizing the same to evolve our strategies and approaches over time.
The individual will have several strategic responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Lead Benchmarking exercises and data intelligence gathering across all Citizenship topic areas.
- Central coordination and aggregation of annual Key Customer reporting for SDI and/or Sustainability.
- Conduct data analytics to understand trends, integrate external views and inform future strategy setting.
- Ensures accuracy of data needed for Health for Humanity Submission and related audits.
- Lead development of a metric to quantify J&J economic and/or societal impact that results from work led by the Citizenship COE.
- Owns the Citizenship COE Scorecard, to track and report progress against external targets & commitments, partnering with Global Services to ensure accuracy for the same.
- Analyze performance against targets to inform target setting for following year's Business Plan (pro-active approach to annual Business Plan).
- Identify and coordinate dashboard reporting improvements for Citizenship Scorecards;
- Identify and drive opportunities to eliminate current need for manual data cleansing internally & externally.
- Lead the consolidation of external databases used to identify diverse suppliers (NMSDC, WBENC, WEConnect, NGLCC, etc.).
Important to this individual's success will be their ability to build strong partnerships with Citizenship COE Solutions team members, Global Services, VP of Procurement Citizenship, and external peer, industry and benchmarking organizations.
% of time - Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities
- 20% Develop and share deep understanding and anticipate future developments in the areas of Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, Supplier Sustainability, and Supplier Risk; Benchmark with peers and industry groups to maintain knowledge & continually build expertise to ensure continued robustness, as well as advancement and evolution of strategy.
- 50% Lead and execute data analysis work to ascertain key insights; partner with Citizenship COE Solutions team and Global Services on insights and analytics; perform relevant ad-hoc analyses as needed for purposes of gaining insights.
- 20% Build relationships with appropriate external peer, industry and benchmarking organizations.
- 20% Actively support Citizenship COE Solutions team with data and insights needed for advancing their programs and strategies.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 8 years business operations experience in either Procurement, Supply Chain, Community Impact, Government Affairs, Sustainability, Diversity, Corporate Social Responsibility or Risk Management
- Comfortable with data, proven experience in translating data into insights is required.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices, and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management, Category Management and Supplier Management) is required.
- This individual must have strong business acumen and be customer oriented (building and maintaining trusted relationships with J&J leaders & colleagues) as well as have the ability to collaborate with and lead without direct authority.
- Exceptional Credo leadership and has passion about social and environmental improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Up to 10% Domestic, limited international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)