Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineer III
Requisition ID: 2113190108
DePuy Synthes is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer III to be located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
As a Manufacturing Engineer III at the DePuy Synthes Monument, CO manufacturing facility, you will play a key role in creating a safe, compliant, and reliable production environment by defining transformation activities to optimize the manufacturing processes at a facility that delivers critical life restoring orthopedic implants to the world.
This position will be responsible for improving manufacturing equipment and processes specific to coil-stock heading and screws machining. Further responsibilities will include the implementation of manufacturing tools rooted in Lean/Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturability and Quality by Design that make cGMP an integral part of the daily routine. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of prior heading/forging experience and will demonstrate prior experience documenting current state processes as well as developing future state processes to achieve world class performance in a cGMP regulated production environment.
· Participates in multi-site projects.
· Leads and participates in complex engineering projects, either technically or with an extensive cross-functional team. This includes developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
· Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including, complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA). Performs analysis and communicates associated trends.
· Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to heading, turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
· Develops process validation strategy and writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
· Identifies, leads and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
· Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
· Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
· Leads new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
· Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
· Participates in and leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, Product Development and other sites.
· Acts as a liaison to vendors with regards to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
· Identifies and implements improvements to engineering business processes such as configuration management, ERP management, maintenance tracking, etc.
· Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
· Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
· Must be willing to support 24x7 manufacturing and perform other related duties as required.
· May be responsible for the supervision of Engineering Technicians or Interns.
o Participates in the hiring process for Engineering Technicians and Interns.
o Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
o Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
· Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
· Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
· Performs other related duties, as required.
Johnson & Johnson recently announced that it has accepted a binding offer from Jabil, one of the world’s leading global manufacturing and supply chain companies, to form a long-term strategic collaboration for portions of the MD Supply Chain.
This unique opportunity builds on our leadership in medical devices, complemented by Jabil’s manufacturing and supply chain solutions, to produce a range of current and future products within the JJMDC Ethicon Endo-Surgery and DePuy Synthes businesses.
The transaction is expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with J&J will transfer to Jabil according to local law and will be governed by Jabil’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans per our agreement.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
· A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related degree or equivalent industry experience is required.
· Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science or a related degree, preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in heading or forging is required.
· Experience with DEFORM and NAGSIN simulations required.
· Experience with modeling using CREO/Solidworks/Mastercam required.
· Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in Six Sigma or Lean Sigma is required.
· Demonstrated experience in executing Kaizen events strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience developing and implementing robust manufacturing systems and processes is required.
· Demonstrates leadership qualities including confidence, transparency, integrity, innovation, passion, patience and tenacity is required.
· Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills is required.
· Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, and databases is required.
· Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills and are results oriented is preferred.
· This position is required up to 10% of travel and is located in Monument, CO.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)