Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing
Requisition ID: 2107190108
Ethicon's Global Energy business, a member of the Johnson &Johnson family of companies is recruiting for a Marketing Manager in Global Strategic Marketing, New Product Development. This position will be located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
ETHICON Energy starts with the end in mind. We seek to optimize the impact and use of energy in the operating room and to advance OR safety. Starting with the end in mind means optimizing energy delivery to help reduce tissue damage, improve surgical efficiency and help surgeries go according to plan. It means delivering the most comprehensive product portfolio, so surgeons have the right tools for the energy jobs that are core to their surgical procedures. It means partnering with the OR staff to provide the training and education they need to optimize product usage and help improve OR safety. Starting with the end in mind means collaborating with hospitals and healthcare systems to develop more sustainable solutions that help reduce waste. Ethicon is focused on developing products and solutions that improve the health of hospitals and healthcare systems so they in turn can re-invest critical resources in the areas that matter most to help patients heal faster.
ETHICON Energy is a worldwide leader in the dynamic high growth energy marketplace and is positioned for sustained growth with its broad portfolio of innovative products and a deep pipeline of advanced technologies. Our diverse suite of ultrasonic, advanced bipolar and core energy devices are used to cut, seal and dissect tissue and vessels in open and laparoscopic surgical procedures. ETHICON’s Energy portfolio consists of market leading HARMONIC® ultrasonic devices that have less impact on tissue for a greater impact on healing, the rapidly growing ENSEAL® advanced bipolar devices that assure superior tissue sealing and enhance surgical efficiency and our Megadyne platform that advance safe and reliable core energy.
ETHICON Energy devices enable customers to complete the surgical jobs core to surgery and deliver strong clinical and economic value propositions, superior tissue effects and intuitive use. The versatility and effectiveness of these devices enables them to be used in a wide range of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures including: Bariatric, Colorectal, General, Gynecologic, Head and Neck, Plastic, Thoracic, Orthopedic and Urology. Our devices have a market-leading presence in every major market in the world, including fast-growing emerging markets. The ETHICON Energy business works closely with surgeons and hospital providers from around the world to develop and market new innovative surgical devices to help patients heal faster.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing growth strategies for critical procedure areas across product lines within the largest portfolio in our Energy platform. The Marketing Manager will develop and deliver marketing plans for pipeline projects to drive growth and jointly lead the new product development process for those projects. Responsibilities will also include developing and launching new products and platforms with significant strategic and business impact.
- Develop comprehensive pipeline growth strategies for our energy portfolio for critical market segments that span multiple procedures/specialties and/or multiple product lines that provide Ethicon with a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop and launch new innovative energy products and/or platforms that are significant drivers of business unit growth with global scope and impact.
- Develop a multi-generational product plan and provide strategic direction on new product development investments for future pipeline and lifecycle engineering projects.
- Lead and partner with lifecycle engineering to ensure robust and profitable portfolio.
- Develop global market insights to drive new product concepts and marketing strategies.
- Establish relationships with global key opinion leaders in support of our innovation strategy.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and plans (positioning, targeting, product, place, price and promotion) to achieve specific marketing objectives and outcomes.
- Forecast market opportunities and participate in the development of demand forecasts for new product innovations.
- Develop target product profile and claims strategy for pipeline projects.
- Drive alignment with cross functional business partners to deliver strategy and business plans for assigned products, procedures or platforms.
- Lead and influence large cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- MS/MBA preferred.
Required experience and skills:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive business experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of marketing experience
- Experience leading cross functional teams and strategic initiatives
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong strategic and analytic skills
- Ability to develop customer relationships
- Validated ability to work in a global matrix organization
Preferred experience and skills:
- Medical device marketing and/or sales experience
- Previous regional marketing and Global Strategic Marketing experience
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management
- Experience with supply chain, global brand management, and launching new products
- Experience identifying customer insights and translating insights into new product concepts
- Demonstrated competency building and executing marketing strategy preferred.
- Experience with Launch Excellence principles
- Demonstrated track record of increased marketing responsibility within the same company
- This position may require up to 35% travel, domestic and international, potentially more during launch activities.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)