Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D Director, Emerging Robotics
Requisition ID: 2100190417
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Emerging Robotics to be located in Boston, MA or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role, you will be in a key supporting role focused on the forefront of digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders in order to drive development of a robotic solution that delivers the value drives required by DePuy Synthes Spine. They will have a relentless and extraordinary attention to every detail of the project. Finally, they will have communication and collaboration skills that allow them to lead the R&D team and influence the cross functional teams to flawlessly execute on time and on scope. They will tenaciously drive the project timeline forward, unapologetically making and communicating critical path decisions. They will use their leadership to inspire the team and organization forward.
- Run day-to-day operational and procedural aspects of the development project.
- In the early phases of the project, this includes defining and driving the project, working closely with cross functional stakeholders, hiring and developing an R&D organization, working closely with robotics leadership to meet organizational objectives.
- In the NPD phase of the project this includes ensuring all documentation and approvals are complete, current, stored and communicated appropriately.
- Define project scope, tracking processing, facilitate team discussions.
- Develop, maintain and track project timelines, cadence and stage gates that are part of the project plan.
- Identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
- Work with cross functional team members to drive project activities, key deliverables, timelines, providing follow up on action items to ensure on-time, on-scope execution and completion of timelines.
- Develop and present project updates, status reports, dashboard to communicate and track the project process, risk and mitigations to the team and to cross functional leadership.
- Work and technically influence project sub-teams to ensure project execution.
- Coordinate and lead project team and core meetings.
- Prepare and distribute agendas, meetings minutes and action items.
- Show independent leadership of teams in dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of medical device R&D processes over the product life cycle, from discovery to post marketing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, including full cycle project management experience is required.
- Experience with successful commercialization of a new product is required.
- Extensive experience with the product development process and familiarity with portfolio risk management is required.
- Experience successfully integrating multiple technologies into a cohesive application is highly desired.
- Experience in the field of robotics is strongly preferred.
- Experience with hardware and software medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with 510K and CE mark is highly preferred.
- Previous orthopedic experience is also preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives is required.
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and contingency planning is required.
- Excellence with Microsoft project and/or other project management tools is required.
- This position is located in Boston, MA; or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based.
- This position may require up to 40% travel including international.
North America-United States-Massachusetts, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)