Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Manufacturing Engineer, Supply Chain Product Management
Requisition ID: 2099180129
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Principal Manufacturing Engineer, Supply Chain Product Management located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- Be technical lead on assigned instrument new product development (NPD) project core teams.
- Provide high-level strategic project direction as well as integrate new manufacturing technologies into our NDP projects and corresponding new products to ensure seamless product launches.
- In addition, brainstorm instrument design concepts, provide design for manufacturability and instrument cost feedback to NPD teams as well as actively participate in design surgeon meeting and cadaver labs.
- Collaborate with our internal manufacturing plants (both US and OUS locations) and external suppliers to lead the transfer of technologies onto our future instrument new products from development into steady-state manufacturing.
- Research and identify innovative and emerging manufacturing technologies that can be applied to Global Orthopaedic products, including performing feasibility studies with universities, key DePuy Synthes external partners, as well as in-house teams and where applicable, utilizing six sigma and lean methodologies.
- Establish and lead multi-functional teams on assigned engineering and technical programs which are business critical and involve exploration of subject area, definition of scope and key achievements, timeline development, generation of novel concepts and implementation of best solutions.
- Effectively collaborates with J&J Enterprise and COE teams, DePuy Synthes Instrument Innovation team as well as our R&D Front End Research teams to develop technology roadmaps/strategies, progressing technology readiness levels, and shapes/delivers best practices as well as leverages knowledge from colleagues within the DePuy Synthes and across the J&J family of companies, as warranted
- Acts as a mentor to junior and senior technical staff to ensure knowledge development.
- Responsible for operating within a budget, understand financial planning requirements, providing input on budget allocation as well as developing and leading capital and expense relating funding for assigned technology/NPD projects
- Ensure compliance and optimal execution of all process validation and inspection activities required for new products.
- Identify and implement methods to effectively streamline and optimize our NPD processes.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies in regards to all safety, QSR and environmental issues.
- As needed provide technical support on L&A integration projects.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required. Advanced degree, such as MS Engineering, PhD Engineering, Engineering Technical Management, or MBA, is plus.
- A minimum 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience is required.
- A minimum of 8 yrs. of highly regulated industry experience: implant and instruments manufacturing, new product/process development, advanced manufacturing feasibility process improvements and aerospace required.
- Leadership experience in running complex technical projects is required.
- Past experience in advanced manufacturing research, including collaborating with universities, external institutions/partners, and internal R&D teams, is a plus.
- Knowledge of GMPs, ISO 13485 Design Control, and manufacturing process qualification requirements as related to medical devices is required.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and analysis methods to assess product standard costs, project values, and capital requirements is required.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-functional team environment and uses engineering judgment, persuasion and negotiation skills to anticipate and develop practical yet novel solutions to solve unprecedented engineering problems and business critical issues.
- Excellent communication with all levels of organization and interpersonal skills along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Possesses strong track record and technical expertise in conventional machining (milling, turning, EDM, etc.), forming and joining with good knowledge in other types of manufacturing methods is required.
- Must have knowledge and experience in Six Sigma Methodology. Six Sigma/Design Excellence Black Belt Certification is a Plus.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA and requires travel up to 20% domestic and international.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)