Johnson & Johnson Careers
Design Technician, TRUMATCH®
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 2096190812
DePuy Synthes, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently hiring a Design Technician, TRUMATCH® in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
• Developing and designing surgical proposals, completing segmentation designs for total knee replacement (TKA) from computer Tomography (CT) images, CAD models and product drawings by following standardized work instructions.
• Ability to cross train in multiple departments
• Analyzing patient CT images to optimize product design and partnering with a case management coordinator to prioritize proposals and product designs based on customer demand.
• Checking and releasing previously designed image segmentation, proposals and models to ensure a high level of quality.
• Assist with concept development under the supervision of Product Development Engineer or be assigned to special projects as needed.
• Work closely with Process Improvement Engineers to troubleshoot, solve problems, and provide suggestions for future improvements.
• Maintain a schedule of deadlines and tasks and possess the ability to prioritize effectively.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in team-oriented project groups is strongly preferred
• Able to take initiative & be self-managing
• Provide feedback & may mentor as required
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
• 1 year design experience with CAD/CAM systems and advanced design applications.
• Knowledge of three-dimensional modeling and PLM software is required.
• Knowledge of orthopedic product design.
• 2 + years of related job experience.
• Knowledge of orthopedic anatomy and medical terminology
• Drafting and layout experience, project or product management, GD&T, ASME, rapid prototyping applications, free form modeling techniques, and engineering calculations
• Unigraphics/ NX, AMIRA, MIMICS, Parametric software experience, GeoMagic, and TeamCenter
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
R&D Engineering (R&D)