Johnson & Johnson Careers
Assistant Scientist, Viral Vector Process Development (1 of 2)
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2080180524
Janssen Research and Development, LLC a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Assistant Scientist, Viral Vector Process Development. The position will be based in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research and Development, LLC develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyle of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders and reproductive medicine.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Janssen Research & Development, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate for this position will take on an individual role in Viral Vector process development while engaging in a team role to meet the development objectives of a live viral vector development and scale-up project in Spring House, PA. The candidate will work within the Viral vector development team and assist with:
- Planning of experiment logistics including raw materials, media and buffers, and other consumables
- Bioreactor setup, passaging of cell culture and bioreactor inoculations, sampling and monitoring, and disassembly/disposal
- Executing experiments, collecting, compiling and documenting experimental data
- Side studies related to process optimization, technology evaluation, and other cell culture related activities
The candidate should have good understanding of cell culture techniques (growth rate, cell density, viability, population doubling, metabolites, etc.). The candidate will be responsible for keeping thorough records of cell culture parameters and compiling into electronic notebooks, protocols, and/or technical reports. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
- B.S. degree in Biological Sciences or Engineering and approximately 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience is required.
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques in biosafety cabinets is required.
- Knowledge of Cell culture and expansion using flasks, single-use vessels and bioreactors is preferred.
- Experience with usage of analytical instruments such as cell counters and measurements of metabolites is preferred.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs and must be able to stand for extended durations during experiments is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- This role requires occasional weekend work.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)