Johnson & Johnson Careers
Skillman, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 2077180522
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global, dynamic, highly networked environment to improve the lives and healthcare of others.
As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for conducting research directed toward discovery and development of new ideas and concepts for building new tools to improve and diversify the capabilities of the J&J Oral Health Research Center.
• Seek out new opportunities to expand the outreach of the J&J Oral Health Research Center, taking a lead role in managing lab operations, cross sector collaborations, and development of new microbiological efficacy methods to assess novel technologies and current products.
• Develop In-vitro biofilm models and cutting-edge assessment tools that are predictive of clinical outcomes, provide mechanistic insights or generate new claims.
• Design and develop novel efficacy models, test prototype formulations, and explore novel ways to continue to advance and progress the expertise and capabilities of the J&J Oral Health Center. Intellectual Property will be patented when feasible.
• Regularly communicate the results of your research, internally to upper management, and externally at appropriate scientific conferences. Publication of scientific discoveries is supported to help share the outcomes of our research initiatives.
• A minimum of a 5 years of experience with a BS Degree or equivalent OR minimum 3 years of experience with a MS Degree OR a PhD is required
• A degree in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related major is required.
• Experience with microbial biofilm growth and characterization is required
• Experience with Biofilm analysis techniques (examples include: confocal microscopy, SEM, qPCR, Microbiome, metagenomics) is required
• Experience with Method development tools (examples include: automated liquid handlers, spectrophotometers, luminometers) is required
• Prior experience coordinating the work of contractors or laboratory technicians is preferred
• Experience managing lab operations is preferred
• Design of in-situ, in-vivo, in-vitro, ex-vivo or clinical studies is preferred
• Experience with mammalian cell culture is preferred
• Proven presentation skills are required
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects AND successfully partner and influence cross-functional team members is required
• Entrepreneurial mindset highly preferred
• Technical writing and publication is required
• Ability to work in Skillman, NJ is required
• This position may require up to 10-20% domestic travel
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)