Janssen Research & Development, LLC is recruiting for a Scientific Director of Discovery Immunology, located in La Jolla, CA or Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a Scientific Director within the Discovery group in the Immunology therapeutic area with a focus on driving innovative, new approaches in drug discovery to address unmet needs in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
You will be responsible for shaping and executing on the strategy around the use of novel platforms to improve our ability to access difficult targets enabling full execution of the discovery strategy. This will include evaluating and overseeing collaborations to bring in novel technologies around innovative platforms and/or delivery systems and co-leading a cross-functional targeted delivery team with leaders in Immunology as well as in our partner organizations. You will have a balance of deep technical background, exceptional communication and collaboration skills and an excellent ability to build relationships. Communication, collaboration and relationship building are particularly critical to this role and you will need to be highly skilled in leading and influencing others in a matrixed environment. You will work within a strong matrixed environment with colleagues within the Immunology therapeutic area and other functional areas to advance innovative new therapeutics and therapeutic strategies in immune-mediated diseases into clinical development. They will partner with our Innovation Centers and business development to explore external opportunities. They will participate on the Discovery Senior leadership team to enable the Discovery function to execute on its overall strategy.
• Contribute to establishing a premier research infrastructure to build a robust product portfolio of therapeutics in rheumatologic, gastroenterological and dermatologic diseases by targeting novel mechanisms that drive autoimmune disorders
• Develop new solutions to enable targeting pathways essential for driving immune-mediated diseases in difficult to modulate target classes by developing and using tools such as alternative modalities and delivery solutions
• Provide leadership in the areas of therapeutic design, development and delivery to pre-clinical drug discovery programs across the portfolio of innate, adaptive and tissue immunity
• Co-lead a cross-functional targeted delivery team with leaders in Immunology as well as key partners including Biologics/Small molecule Research and Development groups
• Identify and evaluate novel therapeutic platforms and delivery strategies that have the potential to lead to groundbreaking treatments
• Establish collaborations with elite academic and clinical thought leaders to access state of the art expertise and technologies that drive innovative ways to drug discovery
• Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators
• Interact with multiple partners in a matrix environment
• PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology/Biochemistry or a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of Immunology and/or drug delivery is required
• Previous line management experience and a proven track record of success through publications and presentations is required
• Previous Industry experience and knowledge of Drug Discovery is required
• Strong communications skills and a validated ability to work in a matrix environment while establishing and maintaining effective internal and external collaborations is required
• Up to 15% travel is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)