Johnson & Johnson Careers
Ocular Surface Sales Specialist -Indianapolis, IN - TearScience
Requisition ID: 2033190107
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. At the start of 2017, J&J expanded into laser cataract surgery, intra-ocular lenses and laser refractive surgery, serving more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
At the end of 2017, J&J Vision acquired TearScience, aiming to positively impact the lives of patients around the world suffering from Dry Eye. This is a significant unmet health need globally, and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction is the cause for more than 60% of people living with this condition. Worldwide more than 340MM people suffer from this chronic condition. With the TearScience portfolio, we have a unique opportunity to serve these patients.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc is recruiting for an Ocular Surface Sales Specialist to support the Indianapolis, IN territory.
The Ocular Surface Sales Specialist is responsible for establishing JJVC as the clinical solution for MGD to ophthalmic and OD practices in a predefined geographic territory. Responsible for closing capital equipment (LipiFlow/Lipiview/LipiScan), installation, and developing an implementation strategy with leaders in the practice to maximize treatments. Responsible for overall financial performance of defined territory.
- Sell, install and initial training of account staff on capital equipment within assigned geographic territory with quota responsibility monthly, quarterly, and annually as defined by leadership
- Generate leads, building relationships with key physicians and key accounts, and effectively develop and manage a defined sales territory.
- Demonstrate proficiency and the ability to work with OSAS and other JJCV team members to meet/exceed territory objectives.
- Executes the sales and approved marketing plan(s) to achieve the territories’ market and business plan penetration, volume and dollar sales objectives on an annual basis.
- Analyze account metrics, make recommendations and implement changes in practice development initiatives to ensure practice success.
- Manages the approved territory budget for expenses and is responsible for all company assets that are in their possession including but not limited to demo equipment, disposables and computers.
- Provides regular updates to management team regarding sales, sales channel development, forecast and market conditions as well as competitive activity.
- Ability to work with and maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, advisors, and co-workers.
- Regularly input current account information and sales activity into Sales Force.
- Flexibility to assume other duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to travel +/- 70% within territory and at national shows.
Consultative approach - Provide forward-looking guidance and advice. Can critically evaluate what is happening at any given moment and make necessary adjustments for future success
- Strong relationship and team builder with excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of local ophthalmic practices and a recognized valuable asset to physicians.
Creative Problem Solver- Able to quickly and thoughtfully think on your feet to solve unexpected issues that arise
- Proven record selling both capital and consumable goods in ophthalmology and incremental sales experience to the surgical and aesthetic market are desirable.
- High integrity and discretion in order to protect sensitive information at key accounts
- High-energy, self-motivated with skills in building productive relationships, creating enthusiasm, and successfully implementing new technology
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required
A minimum of 8+ years of demonstrated successful selling experience in the medical device industry is required
Experience with cash pay procedure is preferred.
Proven sales track record of successfully introducing new procedures and delivering implementation success is required.
Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key doctors/staff members and an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of an ophthalmic office is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.