Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Lead Engineer - DevOps
Requisition ID: 2014180129
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Lead Engineer - DevOps to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible team building web and mobile software that is enabling the future of healthcare in the digital world. This is a leadership role in which you will be responsible for engineering CI/CD solutions that enable continuous delivery of high quality software solutions across our project portfolio. The position will be located in our new Health Technology Center located in Providence, Rhode Island.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for more than 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The new Health Technology Center will specialize in optimizing information technology and data analytics to create software applications that will serve to improve health outcomes and will specialize in advanced information technology.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for coordinating / deploying releases of the software.
- Participate in POC's to various new tools for automation, performance monitoring, continuous integration, analytical tools etc.
- Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management.
- Manage source code for all software including branch and merge strategy.
- Architect and design continuous integration and continuous deployment processes and automation with Jenkins.
- Architect and design environment consistency (Docker, Puppet/Chef/Vagrant)
- Work with project managers, Devops architect, software architects and development teams and come up with the decision for the need of code branches.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development/deployment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of configuration management experience is preferred.
- Full project lifecycle experience (design through delivery and support) is required.
- Experience in one of the following languages: Java, Groovy, Python, shell, or PowerShell is required.
- Experience working with code repositories (git/Bitbucket) is required.
- Experience with Sonar, Verascan, Artifactory, Blazemeter, Jmeter,
- Experience working with automation of configuration management tasks is required.
- Previous experience working with tools/applications such as JIRA, Confluence, Gerrit is required.
- Extensive, hands-on experience using the continuous integration build system Jenkins is required.
- Experience in Jenkins 2.0 and Pipeline as a Code with Jenkins
- Software development experience on Linux/Unix platform is required.
- Basic understanding of agile development methodologies is preferred.
- Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is required.
- Experience working with tools like Chef/Puppet, Vagrant or Docker is preferred.
- Experience with software build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, NPM is preferred.
- Experience building & packaging Mobile applications is preferred.
- Docker Container experience is preferred
- Experience with PHP and Java/J2EE systems deployment is preferred.
- Experience with AWS is preferred
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)