Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Engineer, Electronics Design
Requisition ID: 2010180522
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior Engineer, Electronics Design in Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for the execution of system control electronics design architecture, interface requirements, and control performance for J&J Vision Surgical product lines. Electronics development and integration is the key interface for all system functional controls. It directly affects the product functional performance, manufacturability, and reliability.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Senior Engineer, Electronics Design, will:
- Plan, design, develop, and implement surgical system electronics from concept to production. (40%)
- Architect system electronics modules design. (10%)
- Develop hardware and software interface requirements. (10%)
- PCBAs prototype development. (10%)
- Analyze and optimize system control performance. (10%)
- Electronics design control documentation. (20%)
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline is required
- 4 years of progressive electronics development work experience is required
- Multiple full control electronics PCBAs development cycles from concept to commercial release is preferred
- Strong hands-on experience developing complex electronics control systems, both analog and digital is required.
- Full PCBAs development experience from design to layout to prototype is required
- Strong technical experience in electronics design CAD tools is required
- Solid understanding of EMI and noise management is preferred
- Strong technical experience in sensors and actuators control is preferred
- Strong technical experience in modular architectural design and requirements development is required
- Solid documentation skill is required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is a plus.
- This position is located in Milpitas, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)