Role: Instrument Deployment Planner
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland.
Reports to: Instrument Deployment Team Lead
Closing Date:27th Feb 2020
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopaedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
DePuy, a Johnson & Johnson company, is a global leader in orthopaedic devices and supplies, including hip, knee, extremity, trauma, cement and operating room products. The Global Supply Chain Instrument Deployment Planner is a key supply chain role, to provide a world class service to or Direct & Affiliate Global markets for the Joints Business Group. The team is also responsible for instrument & Set planning and governance for OUS markets.
What you’re great at:
• Are you innovative, tenacious and passionate about Supply Chain?
• Performance and results driven.
• Culturally aware and politically sensitive.
• A team player.
• Good influencing skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Good communicator.
As an Instrument Deployment Planner, your typical day may include:
• Be responsible for providing service to a group of Global Markets for the Joints Business Group, across instruments, replenishment and investment.
• Deliver effective and efficient solutions for global markets, working with business partners to ensure world-class service levels and supply chain performance. In particular:
o Timely & Accurate entry of Sales orders in line with Global Supply Commit Process.
o Responsible for governing Global Supply Commit process in line with market allocation plans.
o Expediting back orders and backlogs.
o Coordination of priority allocations to customers.
o Managing orders and maintaining customer data within the sales order system.
o Resolving sales, delivery, or technical issues promptly and accurately .
• Deliver effective and efficient Planning:
o Ensure planned kit requirements and supplemental order processes are completed accurately and in line with global planning.
o Work with warehouse to manage stock queries, expedite outbound/inbound deliveries and coordinate activity between markets.
o Investigate and root-cause critical supply issues and communicate and provide updates on resolution dates.
o Inventory management in line with agreed GSC targets and processes – taking actions to minimize excess inventory, including managing inventory repatriation and approving in market returns.
• Drive for continuous improvement to enhance service and implement lean process improvements.
• Coordinate the implementation of New Product Introductions/ Rationalization plans with OUS Markets in line with commercial and project teams.
• Lead market service reviews and performance analysis with a view to improving service. Represent market supply needs & challenges within the Sales & Operations Planning process.
• Proactively manage KPI’s, including OTIF, back order metrics and ad-hoc process improvement metrics.
• Adhere to the company’s procedures.
• All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• Rare in our background and experiences.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar Supply Chain Planning roles.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of JD Edwards and SAP/ APO.
• Orthopaedic product knowledge.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)