The Strategic Planning & Intelligence Director is responsible for assessing, designing and driving the strategic value creation initiatives in cooperation with various stakeholders at global, regional and local level to expand our translational research in key therapeutic areas, shape and influence policy.
Working in cross-functional and highly matrix teams, he/she guarantees connectivity among local, regional and global key internal stakeholders to ensure customer insights and unmet needs are incorporated into strategic plan reflecting the diversity of the markets in our region and leveraging the similarities at the same time. Ensures alignment with each TA and provides TA inputs and guidance in driving strategy development and integrated approach. This position will report to Head of AP CoE-TS.
- Drive and create effective and efficient overall strategic planning for the CoE.
- Provide key business analytics that enable informed decisions, which will have impacts on APSAC strategy for therapeutic area (TA) supported.
- Lead CoE resource & portfolio planning and prioritization by coordinating with supported TAs across multiple diseases
- Develop strategies and best practice for building up regional landscape knowledge and intelligence for diseases of interests, KOLs, research collaborators, vendors etc. and provide critical insights in assistance the selection of external partners in the region.
- Working with Head of CoE, oversight budget & spending for the center.
- Function as key liaison, ensures the needs and interests of AP CoE-TS are voiced and appropriately reflected in global partners’ strategy plan.
- Provides input and/or proactively looks for new business opportunities for AP CoE-TS that is in alignment of supported global TA strategic priorities.
- Collaborates with other functional areas to enhance synergies across the organization and ensure alignment of resources with supported therapeutic area strategies
- Acts as a business ambassador for the Center and the company interacting with external collaborators/vendors and lead active partnership.
- Role model as an inspirational leader applying networking and collaboration competencies across the teams. Ensures Credo Values are demonstrated in the day to day activities.
• Advanced degree in medical or life sciences is required
• A minimum of 10 years of progressive industry experience (e.g. R&D, Marketing, Management, etc.) is required with a proven track record of exceptional team & cross-functional leadership
• Strong ability to assimilate complex science and data quickly.
• Experience in leading team in different function and/or geographic locations
• Business development exposure
• MBA preferred
• The successful candidate preferably has a recent and extensive Pharmaceutical background and has demonstrated a Regional/global mindset
• Overseas experience in global or AP region preferred
• Experience with R&D programs and the development of medical strategy is preferred
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)