The FP&A Centre of Excellence (FP&A CoE) sit inside Business Unit Services. In EMEA, the Centre of Excellence team are a dynamic, diverse group of individuals representing a wide variety of experiences and cultural backgrounds. The team is fundamentally changing how Finance supports the Johnson & Johnson businesses in the region. This means the FP&A CoE provides the ideal work environment for those who enjoy being challenged and rapidly growing their horizons.
EM is a cluster within the Hospital Medical Devices sector (HMD). This sector is composed by 3 business units: Ethicon (our surgery franchise where we offer from our well-known sutures to advanced surgery devices and services), CSS (which is mainly our Cardiovascular business where we offer advanced technologies for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and stroke) and Depuy Synthes (which encompasses all our orthopaedics platforms).
Primarily in this role you will work to drive & lead activities in the areas of forecasting / planning and reporting within the EM. The areas covered are often complex in nature and require process expertise, in depth knowledge of J&J worldwide and FP&A procedures and detailed understanding of each area. Areas include:
- Proactively lead and own P&L, Balance Sheet and Headcount business plans and related processes and their accurate and timely submissions in the system (TM1, Bravo App, Bravo);
- Support Commercial local Business Unit Finance (BUF) teams in all elements of Forecasting, Planning and Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc reporting & performance analytics - GP analysis, Price volume, Budget vs Actual reports, Sales Reports, Spend Optimization, Trending, etc
- Preparation of the monthly performance decks and BP/Forecast decks adding first line commentary to enable framing by the BUF team
- Ensure Bravo (corporate consolidation) reporting is accurate and timely for all business plans and updates
- Liaise with BUF local team and FP&A CoE to ensure delivery of efficient reporting through automation and standardisation.
- Manage monthly reporting activities for your countries of responsibility in a timely and accurate manner
- Analyse, interpret, communicate& review financial performance
- Meet all Compliance Requirements: SOX, J&J Records Retention rules, HCC/HCBI/IAPP etc
- Drive process standardization and continuous improvements in line with EMEA, EM and FP&A CoE strategy
- Support/lead process improvement projects relevant to EM and wider EMEA
- Share best practice across FP&A CoE Team & wider EMEA Finance teams
- Build interdependent partnerships with the FP&A CoE and Regional Finance Teams at all appropriate levels
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Strong post qualification experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Collaborative in style, open to change and strong continuous improvement mindset
- Varied experiences in management accounting, decision support etc
- Ability to bring clarity to complex business issues and proven success in managing projects & processes
- Strong communication, influencing & business partnering skills with an ability to flex communication styles appropriate to different levels and stakeholders
- Strong Business Mindset, Customer Focus
- Anticipate and manage competing and changing priorities; recommend trade-offs for business impact
- Strong influencer, independent thinking, and strong planning/prioritization are critical to success
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel, and ideally J&J systems
- Experience using a financial planning tool such as TM1 etc
- Fluent in English (written & oral)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)