At Janssen Vaccines & Prevention in Leiden we are looking for a new colleague to strengthen our Environment, Safety, Health & Sustainability (EHS&S) Team. We are looking for an EHS&S engineer who likes to interact with people, sees problems as opportunities and gets energized by improving EHS&S processes to ensure that the EHS&S risks within the organization maintain controlled. If you feel you get energy from EHS&S and are ready for a new challenge, here’s your chance!
EHS&S Department at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention Leiden
The EHS&S Department at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention leads the implementation of the J&J World Wide EHS&S and the ISO14001 Management System standards. We work in a close collaboration with the J&J EHS&S organization in the Netherlands and related countries.
Management of EHS&S is a core responsibility of the entire Janssen Vaccines & Prevention organization where we as EHS&S department support by having a strong relationship with site- /departmental EHSS Representatives, Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management.
Your tasks and responsibilities in this department/team are:
- Expert in Occupational Hygiene subjects (e.g. noise, ergonomics, exposure to chemicals), Transport Safety, EHS&S Risk Assessments (e.g. JSA’s, Risk assessments)
- Lead and / or support the implementation of EHS&S Standards within your field of expertise
- Coach / lead teams of EHS&S Representatives and Standards Owners / SME’s
- Perform EHS&S assessments within projects and set up, lead and / or support EHS&S projects (for example waste reduction, use of chemical substances)
- Lead incident investigations
- Lead in- and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001-2015, J&J EHS&S Audits, governmental agencies)
- Conduct EHS&S related risk assessments like facility, ergonomic and chemical risk assessments
- Give EHS&S training on EHS&S related topics
- Present periodically to the Site Leadership Team
- Develop and/or improve EHS&S processes and practices
- You are driven to search for practical EHS&S solutions which are compliant with local and national codes and J&J Standards. This with close interaction with others within the company. You are only satisfied when improvements are sustainable. You have a “can do” mentality and see improving the EHS&S performance as a collective responsibility. You focus only on short term fixes when really needed because you prefer to focus on long term solutions while you coach others to do the same.
Education, experience and knowledge necessary for this function
- Bachelor or comparable level (chemical, mechanical, electrical)
- At least 7 years experience in the field or EHS&S (lab, R&D, chemical and/or biological environment)
- Additional course Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) and / or Industrial Hygiene (“AH”) or comparable
- Dutch and English in speaking and writing
- Experience with international Management System Standards like ISO14001
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)