The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies makes a big difference in the health and well-being of people every day. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing approximately 114,000 people. Our consumer products and medical devices and diagnostics impact the state of health care for patients, doctors, and nurses around the world.
Currently for our Biopharma Organization, we are looking for highly motivated candidate for the position of:
Reporting to the Multi Site EHS Lead, the EHS Manager directs the day to day operations in all aspects related to safety and environment. The incumbent ensures effective safety and environmental support and advice to management in the areas of occupational safety, industrial hygiene, biosafety, emergency response management, PTW and all environmental matters.
- Ensures that site systems are in place to maintain 100% compliance with all Irish and EU Regulations, site’s IED licence, GMM & GHG permits and J&J EHS&S standards
- Is responsible for the management, development, implementation and continual improvement of the site EHS Management System
- Ensures compilation of appropriate metrics and KPIs as required by J&J and regulatory agencies
- Provides EHS support to the introduction and review all new processes and changes to existing processes, plant & equipment
- Primary contact with all external regulators (HSA, EPA), ensuring a good and effective working relationship is maintained at all times between the Company and the Agencies.
- Acts as primary site contact with J&J Global EHS&S ensuring all Corporate EHS&S requirements are implemented and actioned effectively on site.
- Facilitates all EHS&S audits (HSA, EPA, EHS&S, ISO 14001 / ISO 45001)
- Ensures ongoing evaluation of changes in EHS&S Regulatory requirements.
- Communicates the business impacts of EHS to leadership; uses influence to advance EHS compliance/programs
- Manages EHS budget
- Directly manages & coaches’ site EHS staff and is responsible for their ongoing training and development
- Member of the Site Operations Team (SOT).
· Crucial requirements for candidates:
Education & experience
- 3rd level Degree in Science or other related discipline
- A post graduate qualification in environmental, health & safety (preferred)
- 8-10 years experience, preferably in a regulated environment
- Sound knowledge of EHS legislation and standards
- Good written, oral communication & interpersonal skills
- Highly proactive, mature judgment and decision making ability
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Familiar with EHS management systems (ISO 450001 & ISO 14001)
In return, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a Global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Many employee benefits.
- We are an Equal opportunities employer.
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)