“Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers”
The Global Job Posting policy promotes the commitment to the advancement and development of our employees. We invite you to read this posting and apply if you are interested in the position and meet the requirements.
Biosense Webster, Inc. is recognized worldwide as a leader in the science behind the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias. We help patients around the world regain their health, their energy and their lives. Guided by the needs of electrophysiologists and cardiologists, Biosense Webster, Inc. has pioneered innovative technological advancements for more than 30 years. Join us as we continue to look for new and better ways to help physicians heal more hearts. Because that is what we do -- we put lives back in rhythm.
Searching the best talent for: Principal Process Engineer
Works in the majority of the activities with instructions about the general results that are expected. Can receive technical orientation in the most unusual or complex problems; generates solutions independently. Works with problems of different scopes, in which the data analysis requires the evaluation of the identifiable factors. Exercises his/her judgment in practices and generally defined policies while selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results. Failures and errors in the decisions that he/she takes and recommendations he/she gives can result in serious delays in the programs and projects, as well as in considerable expenditure of resources.
If CSS Position: This position will have responsibilities across ETHICON and Cardiovascular and Specialty Solution (CSS) Companies Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies) including a span of multiple product platforms such as General Surgical Devices, Sutures, ENT, Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology and Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
· Must know and follow the policies and procedures of BWI related to work activities within his/her area of responsibility; he/she must ensure that the subordinate know and follow BWI policies and procedures related to their work and area of responsibility.
· Completes all the training in responsibility within the assigned period of time. The training is required for the changes and implementation of existing policies and procedures., new functions, etc. completes retraining in areas such as safety and environment.
· Follows all the safety policies of the company and safety precautions with the work area. Promotes safety to every associate that enters his/her work area.
· Responsible for the leadership and execution of projects focused on the reduction of the variation originated by process and/or product design than has a positive influence on the metrics of the business, strategic directions and financial results.
· Responsible for guaranteeing that the project is well defined, are kept within what was planned and the the PE processes are followed, and that the progress is within the required time until the closing of it.
· Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in a wide range of tasks assigned in related fields.
· Takes decisions about problems and engineering methods independently; represent the organization in conferences to solve important inquiries and to plan and coordinate work. Requires the use of advanced techniques, as well as the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of his field, sciences, and related disciplines. Supervision and guidance related to general requirements, critical issues, new concepts and policy related situations.
· Ensures that the engineering changes comply with the regulations and procedures related to safety, environment and health. Ensures the generation of necessary training and certifications for the employees assigned to areas related to the equipment subjected to the programs of lock, safekeeping of equipment ventilation and extractors.
· Consults with supervisors about problems and development issues.
· He/she is responsible for the following activities:
· Plans, coordinates and directs an important engineering project, or lead projects with complex characteristics.
· As an individual investigator, he/she performs complex tasks or of recent introduction that require the development of techniques or new or improved procedures.
· It is expected that his/her work results in the development of equipment, materials, processes, new or refined products or methods.
· As a Principal specialist, he/she develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities that other persons will perform.
· Evaluates the feasibility and solidness of the proposed engineering evaluation tests, of products and equipment when the necessary data is insufficient or when it is advisable to perform the tests.
· He/she performs as a Principal adviser in the technical specialty, some type of installation or equipment, or the function of a program.
· He/she is responsible for ensuring the compliance, personal and of the company, with the federal, state and local regulations, policies and procedures regarding Health, Safety and Environment.
· He/she is responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets the standards fixed by the company in matters of health, safety and environment.
· Responsible for performing performance reviews and evaluations of pre-validation to ensure the adequate initiation of new processes.
· Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
· Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
· Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
· Performs other duties assigned as needed
Reporting to: GERENTE DE INGENIERÍA
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, any specialty.
• Master’s in Science is recommendable.
• More than 9 years in a similar position, preferably.
• Experience in the medical industry, preferably.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
• Knowledge of computer software.
• Knowledge of productive processes.
• Experimental engineering techniques.
• English 80%
• Black Belt Lean and/or Six Sigma Certification preferred
• Analytics and problem-solving skills
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• This position will be performed in a clean room production-controlled environment and office areas.
• Must be capable of standing for moderate periods of time and sit on a desk in front of a computer.
• Regular use of clean room tools, as well as office tools, necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
LOCATION & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
• Location: Juarez, Mexico.
• Travel: This position may travel occasionally.
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL INTERACTIONS
Maintains the necessary interaction with internal people and representatives of other external organizations to comply with the needs, goals and objectives of the business.
Company management reserves the right to add, delete or otherwise alter assigned duties at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Global Leadership Profile Competencies:
Collaboration and Teaming ~ puts interests of enterprise above own; works well across functions and groups; builds teams effectively; inspires follower ship; instills a global mindset
Results and Performance Driven ~ assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions; willing to make tough calls; consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations; demonstrates a track record of people development; champions diversity; net exporter of successful talent
Prudent Risk-taking ~ inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience; courage to grab opportunities or shed non-viable businesses
Sense of Urgency ~ proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities; works to reduce “cycle” time; takes action when needed.
If you want to apply to this position, please consider the following information from our Global Job Posting Policy:
• The employee has spent at least 18 months in his/her current position, and
• The employee is in good standing.
• Manager Notification - An employee may apply for a position without informing his/her manager. However, if the employee is invited to interview for a position, then, to the extent that this is consistent with local law or practice, s/he is required to notify his/her manager prior to the interview. This notification is encouraged to promote development discussions between the manager and the employee.
Refer an external candidate
If you want to refer an external candidate for this position, please review our Global Referral Policy and submit your referral through My Career Opportunities by following the appropriate process.
Mexico-Chihuahua-Juarez-Circuito Interior Norte 1820 Parque Industrial
Cordis de Mexico S.A. de C.V. (8286)