Sales & Marketing Manager DePuy Synthes Spine, Southern Cone
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. We touch the lives of over a billion people every single day.
Are you ready to impact the world?
If you want to leave your personal mark and be valued for who you are, Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
Our companies of MD (Medical Devices) provides treatment technologies in the areas of orthopedics, spine, sports medicine and neurology, sutures and tissue repair, biopharmaceutical, minimally invasive surgery, cardiovascular disease and diabetes care.
Searching the best talent for: Sales & Marketing Manager Spine
• Responsible for developing and executing local strategy for DePuy Synthes Spine platform in close alignment with regional and global strategy/marketing as well as achieving sales and profitability targets of all products (Spine), markets (Southern Cone: Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay) and channels (direct and indirect). Develops, leads and ensures execution of business plans to meet short, mid and long term business goals.
• Fully responsibility of local Spine strategy by geographic territories: Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Ecuador, Bolivia and Paraguay
• Direct commercial accountability on dedicated, specialized spine sales force DePuy Synthes Chile and shared accountability on spine sales performance DePuy Synthes Southern Cone (all markets and channels)
• Territory planning and management by country, segment, hospital and surgeon; clear and comprehensive surgeon mapping, including potential, conversion plan, educational and innovation journey by surgeon
• Portfolio Management: elaborates and follows up the adequate market approach for the portfolio within the business unit (price, product, price/volume mix, promotion, place, positioning, segmentation, resources, and investment).
• Develops and executes marketing and business plan for the platform (launches, tools, congresses, portfolio samples, Targeting of Key Opinion Leaders and Professional Education activities) aligned with regional and global marketing
• Explores new business opportunities, identification of new customers/customer segments, through performing analyses and evaluations of products in pipeline, market size, competitive products, market trends, possible synergies with other business units, etc.
• Owns, excecutes and controls marketing, sales and educational budget (P&L) of the platform, including CAPEX and OPEX
• Defines pricing & segmentation strategies
• Develops and implements strategies for new products launches; defines market size & potential, product positioning, pricing, distribution channel, etc.
• Owns and executes the launch excellence process for any new product or solution
• Builds strong network with key opinion leaders and academic societies (e.g. AO Foundation), identifies and support development of “raising stars”
• Strong relationship with commercial leaders and sales force by market and segment in order to receive customer insights and translate needs into commercial solutions
• Collaborates with supply chain planning in developing, monitoring and controlling the rolling forecast for all products with special focus on new products and tenders, assuring final number is accurate.
• Responsible to develop an accurate demand forecast in collaboration with Supply Chain Planning, by being the main point of contact in the demand S&OP ( Sales and operation planning) review process with special focus in new products and tenders.
• Collaborates with supply chain and finance to monitor productivity & turnover of assets such as CAPEX and inventory levels. Fix resource allocation as the business requires to maintain business agility & resource effectiveness
• Aligns, partners and follows-up closely with Regulatory Affairs in order to review the sanitary registrations processes and status assuring alignment with the strategy and business requirements
• Defines the internal training strategy as well as the Professional Education strategy
Position reports to: DePuy Synthes Southern Cluster Leader
1. Bachelor’s Degree. MBA is a plus.
2. Mínimum 5 years of experience in sales or marketing in health care industry (Medical Devices)
3. Budget management (excluding)
4. Full Office Package, SAP desirable
5. English level at least intermediate
6. 50% availability to travel inside or outside Chile
7. Location: Santiago de Chile
• Accountability and leadership: Natural responsibility to own and deliver projects and results by inspiring, motivating and holding accountable other individuals and groups for their goals and objectives. Winning spirit and ability to make a difference in both organization and market environement
• Analytical skills: Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and complicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information, it also includes the ability to apply logical thinking to breaking complex problems into their component parts
• Influential Skills: Ability to bring others to a way of thinking without force or coercion, taking others perspective into account, and getting the desired task done with other´s commitment. Ability to navigate in a matrix structure
• Communication Skills: Ability for clearly and collectively convey and receive messages to and from others both verbally and through body language generating a positive impact.
• Intellectual curiosity: Deep and persistent desire to know, investigate different sources and ask why in order to peel back layers of explanation to get at the foundational ideas concerning a particular issue.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to be part of something great?
Don't forget to apply. We want you!
Chile-Santiago Metropolitan Region-Santiago-
Johnson & Johnson de Chile, S.A. (7745)