Would you like to be part of the fight against major global health issues? Then here is your chance. Drug Substance Operations (DSO) has a GMP manufacturing facility at the Bioscience park in Leiden where we proudly produce groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV, Ebola or COVID-19 (the "Coronavirus"). We currently have a job opening!
DSO is the department where Clinical trial material (CTM) is produced for new cutting-edge vaccines that are in clinical testing Phases 1 to 3. It is part of the larger organisation VPAD (Vaccines Production and Development) which falls under the Janssen Vaccines and Prevention organisation. The production process itself is executed by two main teams. Upstream processing is performed by the I-team and downstream processing by the D-team. Each team consists of eight persons lead by a Supervisor. At the D-team a position is available for an assistant scientist.
The assistant scientist is primarily responsible for the cGMP production of CTM material, as requested by the organisation. Apart from production operations you will be updating documentation, be responsible for predefined process steps, and the state of related equipment. Next to these core tasks small improvements and innovative projects will be a stable part of your daily work package. We are looking for a person who is both comfortable working as part of a team on processes and projects, as well as individually on innovative initiatives. You will also be tasked to do some data management, acute problem solving, and many other small and diverse tasks. As the job entails team work within a diverse and global organisation, we require good communications skills in English. You will need at least a technical conversational level of English effectively, as well as excellent reading and writing.
- Quality is always the main goal for you, and…
- Efficiency a close second.
- Initiative, you seek out potential solutions yourself.
- You aim for full customer satisfaction. What is asked you deliver with the required quality within the agreed timeframe.
- Operational troubleshooting capabilities
- Can-do attitude, you can bring projects to their end and can find your own way around obstacles.
- Innovative thinker, able to think in new ideas for old problems.
- Interpersonal skills, able to provide and receive feedback in a constructive way. You make yourself part of discussions and help transform these into positive actions.
- Minimum completed MBO (level 4) or HBO degree, preferably in Microbiology/Life Sciences or equivalent.
- 2 years (or more) experience with cGMP manufacturing is a requirement.
- Able to converse and write effectively in (technical) English.
- Experience as (process) technician or equivalent in life science and for pilot plant operations in a cGMP environment is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)