CLINCAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Clinical Support Specialist (CSS) will provide expert clinical, technical and product advice/assistance as well as training to physicians, EP lab staff, technicians and administrators regarding all aspects of BWI’s systems and catheter equipment. Assistance/support is generally provided, but not limited to, electrophysiology interventions within an assigned geographical region and in a manner of utmost professionalism.
Responsibilities of a CSS include (but not limited to) the following:
- Together with the European Technical team ensure effective servicing, maintenance, repair and co-ordinate functioning of all clinical sites and upgrades of software and hardware
- Share best practices to best assist customers and use consultative selling techniques to identify potential sales opportunities within the account.
- Create awareness of BWI solutions and facilitate contact between the Area Manager, Account Manager and/or the sales responsible person and the key decision makers to drive our business.
- Responsible for maximizing customer case support capability through efficient planning and scheduling techniques, driving collaboration, maintaining consistent, open lines of communication with all other team members both internal/external and/or local/international.
- Responsible for assisting and supporting in achieving predefined business goals.
- Establish and share best practices with sales and clinical/technical colleagues and internal partners, to develop and grow mutually beneficial customer relationships within and beyond the EP lab, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses, technicians as well as hospital administrators and staff.
- Remain current on company products instructions for use (IFU), best practices, technical troubleshooting and relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-pressured, stressful environment, maintain composure and focus whilst problem solving in stressful situations.
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with multiple internal and external business partners and stakeholders and then formulate possible solutions accordingly
- Mentoring for new BWI team members
- Responding daily to requests via email & telephone from customers, physicians as well as other internal and external partners.
- Administrative work such as managing account documentation, complaints, compliance training, expense reporting, company system input and maintaining Safe Fleet standards according to Company guidelines.
- Communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned to him/her as required.
- Tertiary education in the field of (para)medical or (bio)technical
- Familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook for daily business use.
- 1-3 years experience as a clinical support specialist within the medical device field (ideally cardiology) or previous experience as an EP nurse.
- Experience having introduced new technology on the market by working with key opinion leaders is also helpful
- Service-, solution- and result-orientated
- Flexible, organised and efficient
- Able to work independently and take ownership and responsibility
- Open to travel (locally and internationally for congresses/training etc.)
It is required that the candidate is in possession of a valid code B driver’s license.
Johnson & Johnson AG Switzerland (8550)