Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc is recruiting a Regional Business Development Manager to lead the expansion of the Dr.Ci:Labo brand in the travel retail channel and to identify other new business opportunities of the brand.
Reporting directly to the Business Unit Leader, Commercial Director Dr.Ci:abo, the Regional Business Development Manager will be responsible for accelerating the growth and development of the Dr.Ci:Labo and Labo Labo brands across the Asia Pacific region, focusing on Japan.
The business plan calls for significant growth in Beauty Care globally and in the Asia Pacific region, including rapid expansion of Dr.Ci:Labo across markets ex-Japan. To accomplish this, we will focus on growing our business through expansion into new channels and new geographies. Significant investment and resources will be given to Dr.Ci:Labo to support brand growth and innovation.
You will be responsible for developing a 3-year expansion plan that will drive brand growth throughout the region. Specifically, you will:
CO-DEVELOP THE 3-YEAR COMMERCIAL EXPANSION PLAN
- Assess the brand’s unique space to occupy and identify new channels and opportunities to drive brand growth
- Partner with the Business Unit leader on fast-growing the travel retail network for Dr.Ci:Labo throughout Asia
- Build relationships with distribution partners as necessary to support the business growth plan
- Work closely with the China and APSC Dr.Ci:Labo team to develop a go-to-market travel retail strategy for the brand in the Japan travel retail channel
- Partner where needed on in-store, BA training needs, and shopper insights for premium Beauty
- Partner with sales teams in markets on multi-channel needs: duty-free, department store, e-commerce, drug/pharmacy, direct
- Partner with the broader Dr.Ci:Labo team and cross functional J&J teams validate, support and enable business development plans
- He or she will develop transferable success models across countries, transferring insights and best practices globally in partnership with the Dr.Ci:Labo team and the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group partners.
- This person will be responsible for building an inspiring environment and culture of collaboration and innovation with cross functional partners and marketing counterparts in Singapore.
- Japanese Language proficiency: Native or JPLT 1
- At least 5+ years working in travel retail and preferably in a premium product category such as cosmetics
- A BA degree is preferable.
- Master in business or marketing specialization preferred.
- A demonstrated track record in the development of a travel retail business across Asia Pacific
- Proven ability to develop and implement a strategic business vision
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to close the deal and then sustain a business
- Proven ability to manage a P&L, budgets, NTS targets and distributor finances
- Experience working in a global organization and collaborating with regional groups is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of people development and leadership is required
- Experience leading in a matrix environment and cross functional teams is required.
- Proven success in developing strategic agency partnerships to build long term brand health and business is required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen in making effective business decisions is required.
- Experience in providing commercial thought leadership—taking consumer insight and using it to drive thinking and good decisions, is required.
- Demonstrated skill in executing and delivering brand leadership in a similar integrated brand leadership role is required.
- Language skills: English, (Korean, or Mandarin would be a plus.)
- This role requires 50% regional and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)