Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every single day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Our Consumer Business touches a billion lives around the world and works with the vision of 'Bringing science to the art of healthy living'. In India, the company touches the lives of consumers through businesses spanning baby care, women's health, beauty, oral & wound care and over-the-counter-products which are endorsed by healthcare professionals around the world. Some of our key brands include Johnson's® Baby, Stayfree®, Clean & Clear™, Band-Aid®, Listerine®, ORSL and Benadryl®.
Background and Context :
CSD is a organizations that is catering towards servicing the defense forces(Army/Navy/Air force) on a reasonable profit
CSD is currently doing a turnover of 11000 crores.
CSD have 5 regional offices, 34 depots and ~ 4000 unit run canteens.
National Organisation Structure is as follows :
CSD works on hierarchy since it's run by defense people
GM (head of CSD) – Major General (or equivalent star general position).
Meet only MD and GM of the supplier
JGM's -2 ( Admin head + Processes like NPI etc & Sales head) - ( Brigadier or 1 star general position)
Meet only above GM level and national head CSD of only reputed companies
DGM's -7 ( Main middle management responsible for various functions) .( Lt. Col / Col positions or equivalent)
Meet only managers of the suppliers includes NM
AGM's/area managers - ~ 53 nos. They are open to meet any one(company employees) from supplier side
CSD is an extremely hierarchical organization and depot managers does not give access to third party field force to enter the depot. There has to be a bare level interaction with the depot managers to handle business issues in the depots. The expectation is to have a company level interaction till the level of depot managers. That is why most companies have graduated to a top heavy structure in managing the depots. For example, GSK consumer has one National Manager +12 ASMs+ 17 TSIs ( for a turnover of ~ 400 crs).
Contact Strategy / or ways of working :
- Relationship Management
- Weekly / Fortnightly customer interaction on various commercial issues like Inventory, Payments, Infrastructure, Service-levels
- Demand Manager – Stock Management.
- Account Feedback, Region specific opportunities with Depots & URC’s.
- Deliver highest levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Build Winning Relationships across all levels.
- Help/Support the customer to achieve their category objectives.
- Ensure best-in-class Fill Rates/Service-levels.
Purpose of the position:
Manage Canteen Stores Depot (CSD), - with commercial responsibility. Key areas of work include – assisting the National head CSD – with the designing and implementing optimal network and service strategy (GTM) and strengthening the capability of the territory. Leading the optimization of the processes & systems for CSD management like depot management and URC management and in-store excellence, driving customer engagement activities like promotions and visibility of our products helping National CSD manager with the contact strategy and reviews with national heads of CSD. He will lead a team of 2-3 direct reports of third party field force.
- People Leadership :
- Network and Coverage Strategy
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Competency Development: J&J Way of Working
- Build team Capability through regular field visits and periodic reviews.
- Strategy and process
- Define and implement the long term road map for the CSD channel business in assigned territory..
- Ensure the correct systems and processes within the channel to deliver business results
- Use technology and data analytics effectively to drive efficiencies within the channel
- Deliver Topline, Share & Profitability for the Channel in assigned territoy.
- Improve J&J shares to obtain category leadership in the assigned territory.
- Commercials like C form collection, VAT form collection , old debts recovery, recertification of old invoices, maintaining a healthy debtor days profile.
- Consistent and healthy market surveys for price revisions and NPI’s.
- Key Stake Holder management :
- Ensure Winning Relationships across customers.
- Deliver highest levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Drive customer achievement of their category objectives.
- Close interaction with the depot/urc managers for driving business in the assigned territory..
- Ensure smooth cross functional team working across the organization
- Take feedback and share best practices across the CD organization
- Drive Team Engagement –Weekly/ Monthly/Quarterly Reviews.
- Shopper / Customer Insight :
- Work with key stakeholders to drive thought leadership within the channel on implementing best in class shopper / customer insights in the assigned territory.
- Drive and implement best in class ISE: Availability, Visibility & Implementation
1. Reports to (Role): Sales Manager-CSD, Government and institution business
2. Direct Reports: 3-4 ISR’s.
Technical Qualification : 4-5 years of experience in CSD and possibly handling depots in UP.
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)