About Johnson & Johnson - Janssen
Johnson & Johnson is a company committed to doing good for the world. We blend Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
Oncology is one of Janssen’s key focus areas and we are working hard to develop new innovative treatments for patients with prostate, lung and bladder cancer. Learn more about us here: www.janssen.com/oncology
Field Medical Advisor Solid Tumors Finland – Fixed Term
We are currently launching a new medicine to treat prostate cancer and searching for a Field Medical Advisor to work with this asset, on a fixed term parental cover. You will also work with our existing prostate cancer medicine and be the local medical point of contact in preparations for our future bladder and lung cancer launches.
In this role you will be our scientific and medical expert in solid tumors area and work closely with the Finnish leading physicians. You will be a key member of the Finnish cross-functional oncology/hematology team in our recently established Janssen Finland country organization.
The position is based in Finland (preferably Helsinki area) and reports directly to the Country Medical Lead. The position will require travel mostly within Finland up to 2-3 days/week.
This is currently a fixed-term parental assignment for at least 12 months.
Responsibilities of Field Medical Advisor
- Develop and maintain a network with leading specialist physicians with a particular focus on understanding their needs, key value drivers, and practical treatment patterns, as well as championing the medical value of own products.
- Communicate medical scientific data to leading specialists and broader external health care related audience, both proactively and reactively.
- Gain valuable insights into treatment patterns and scientific activities in the therapeutic area through scientific interactions, and provide strategic input to the medical affairs plan and business decision-making.
- Develop, coordinate and participate in medical education activities, e.g. identity, support, and educate speakers as well as build medical education programs with scientific third parties.
- Provide medical input to cross-functional communication and action plans, support material generation and approvals seeking to improve use of multi-channel communication with our customers.
- Lead the medical training of the internal cross-functional team.
- Support and lead medical affairs clinical activities' strategy, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with Global Clinical Operations and CRO.
- Support HEMAR in medical and scientific input to HTA submissions as applicable.
To be successful in this role
We are looking for a person with detailed knowledge of the oncology area, preferably prostate cancer, and/or experience from medical affairs work within pharmaceutical industry.
To be successful in this role you are a true standout colleague with an enthusiasm and winning attitude, you have outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and interact effectively, and whilst being medical expert you also understand and easily collaborate with team members from other functions. You care for the big picture but you are also very analytical and have an eye for details as needed. Further, you have a solid business acumen and understand the healthcare business landscape.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in medicine, pharmacy or life sciences or equivalent (required). Preferably a PhD.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in comparable roles (required), preferable within oncology.
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical or similar industry experience (preferred).
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (required).
- Valid driver’s license (required).
- Proficiency in Finnish and English language, verbal and written (required).
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV and Cover letter. The selection process will start during the 30-day posting period. We reserve the right to close down the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
This posting is not open for external recruiter/sourcing agencies. If you are a representative of an agency, please respect this by not approaching the Hiring Manager directly.
Janssen-Cilag OY (7071)